Hows everyone planning there wedding next year what are you worries about covid-19 and there been a second wave? Im scared to book and it be canceled :-(
I’m just going with it, before everything books up... however am feeling a little nervous as we can’t get any insurance (not to cover covid but other things) were getting married in September next year
If you can, see if you can take out wedding insurance that will cover this (although may be difficult). And also check with venues and vendors if you can arrange a new date free of charge.
I’ve been told some registrars aren’t taking bookings to marry people though as they are prioritising those who have had to rearrange.
I havent yet picked a new date for this very reason! I just don't want to go through this disappointment again!
I’m pretty nervous that there’s going to be a second wave and cancel our wedding.. again. My wedding is now April 21. However It does take a bit of reorganisation but it’s quite simple to postpone your wedding (I’ve already had to do it twice) and all my vendors have been amazing. the main thing for me is I want a wedding everyone can enjoy with out worrying to much. One thing I would recommend.... don’t buy anything date personalised till you are 100% sure. Make up ur signs just add vinyl dates on when your almost there. Just remember marrying ur best friend and safe and happy family and friends is what it’s all about. Lots of love 💕
Mines been booked since December for June 2021. Managed to book/order a LOT during lockdown. No worries really here
I’ve booked everything for March and just keeping my finger crossed & hope for the best it is worrying but I’m marrying my man no matter what 😊
I booked my wedding for this year in 2017 and it has been cancelled twice now it's horrible at first if it does but what's meant to be is meant to be I would personally book it and see what the year brings x
Ive had to postponed my wedding twice this year first may then october, our new date is may 2021, im sure by then everything will be fine if not were just gonna get married the 2 of us 😂 not doing it all again x
Totally get where you're coming from. I was meant to get married next week but had to postpone till next August. At the moment I'm not excited for my wedding anymore because I'm scared to get excited incase it doesn't happen ☹xx
I've piled the weight on and get married Jan now 😑
My new date is April 21 . Originally December 20.. whatever will be will be xx
Our original date was 2nd May then we postponed to 31st October but after speaking with our venue and actually realising restrictions will most likely be in place the rest of this year we decided to postpone once again, we now have secured 30th Oct 2021. The stress of not knowing was to much so we opted to go later in the year, we want all our family with us to celebrate so to us it's worth waiting that bit longer 😊
I’m in the same boat so not booked 😆 postponed Dec 2020 & with places etc eg registrars charging you change dates instead of just relocating date & no wedding insurance not covering c virus.
We moved from may to October and we are going ahead...we have jiggled the day abit and now having a late wedding , teatime / evening reception with however many restrictions allow. Its 3rd time for both of us so its more about us than anyone else.
We have moved from September this year to September next year
Moved ours from next year to july 2022 but if coronavirus still around then be moved again
My wedding is in August next year, booked it last year. Its in my thoughts all the time. Would be absolutely gutted if it can’t happen. X
We were meant to get married in April, we are now getting married in 2 weeks time. We figured who knows what restrictions could still be in place next year, and just want to be married. We are having a wedding ceremony and then a marquee in our garden to celebrate with close family and friends.
We are November and getting married regardless! We just want to be married. Invitations had already gone out so if we are still at 30 people then I will have to “uninvite” some of our friends but we won’t be postponing.
I’m Aug 21 and planning as normal, no-one can predict what will happen and im not leaving everything till the last min...save the dates arrived today!!! 💕 xx
I was meant to be married by now moved from May to September this year and now have moved again to May next year. Has been so stressful but think next year I will get our day !! Good luck x x x
We postponed our wedding from May 20 to April 21 but also worried of a second wave. We've agreed if it needs to be postponed we will just get married with two witnesses and use our venue to celebrate at a later date!
Original date was 18th July 2020, postponed to 31st Oct and also have a date for March 2021, but definitely worried this crap will all carry on through until next year. If restrictions are still too strict in Oct we'll go with March but If we cant have the wedding we want next March, I dont know what we'll do... I doubt I'll get another date as everyone has postponed until next year 😟 Just go on a big bloody holiday maybe instead! 😆
We booked last month for March next year and keeping fingers crossed x
Ours is booked for June 5th next year, if the restrictions are still 30 people then 30 people it’ll be! X
We postponed from 15th August this year to May 2021
My wedding is booked for 18/12/2020. We're holding out hope that it will go ahead. There will still be restrictions but we want to get married desperately.we decided not to worry until the month before then we'll make a decision one way or the other. No point stressing myself out when no one knows what it will look like in 5 months time xx
We booked our wedding back in January 2019 for August 2021!
I know it shouldn’t matter but we are really worried. - we’ve worked so hard with planning and saving and wanting to do it the way we want! X
We are booked for July next year, we've only planned a small ceremony with immediate family, there will be 15 of us altogether but then the rest of the family are invited to the wedding breakfast, approx 50 guests and 120 invited to evening reception, I'm really worried that it wont go ahead and the restrictions will still be in place but we've decided that if that is the case we will go ahead and get married anyway but postpone the wedding breakfast and reception for a later date when we can have all the guests we want, the important thing for us is to get married, the party can wait and it just means I get to wear my dress again when we do get to have the party xx
Was told yours was the 3rd April and have checked with jonty who confirmed this have booked hotels pleAse confirm beth
Our is this September and we’re going ahead. The main thing is we get married with our family there, which is what we’ll be doing ☺️
Iv had to move my wedding from 17th october to March, I'm worried too, I'm hoping that I can all my wedding guest there to celebrate the day xx
I’m not thinking about it. Next year will be our 3rd date as it’s been postponed twice already
Our date us 28th May 2021. I feel sick imagining restrictions still being in place. We will marry regardless but it's upsetting when youve imagined this day for so long. When we first booked our date I kinda thought next year should be fine but I've been thinking about it so much recently and it has stopped the buzz :( 😢
I postponed from may 3rd to now sep 11th 2020 and we are doing it with 30. We reduced down from 85 day and 140 night and our venue is large BUT we are going ahead, of numbers do change we will reinvite to the evening only. Extremely stressful but was too worried about a 2nd wave and my other march date not going ahead.
Our original day was postponed from May 30th to June 5th next year. We’re getting married in 10 days with just immediate family and then having our original big day next year, but with a celebrant ceremony.
Two dresses. Two days to celebrate. Gotta find the silver lining somewhere!
Karleigh Hopkins fingers crossed 🤞
was meant to be 21st august
had it moved to March 7th
After much thought moved it to 2022. Been together 10 years so a few more wont hurt 😂
I think you just have to do what feels right for you both
Personally after all the nightmares all the brides this year have had and will possible continue to have through to next year my advice to you would be to wait to book anything. I was meant to get married in April we have postponed to November and may have to postpone again we had already paid for everything so we can’t cancel or change anything our insurance wouldn’t give us a penny when our wedding got cancelled so I personally don’t think it is worth the risk and stress unless you are willing to possibly lose money or be constantly worried about what will happen. Hold off for a little bit longer until things are more certain?
Sorry to hear that you are having to wait another year. But being able to celebrate your special day with everyone there will be worth waiting for. We can't even begin to imagine how you've all been feeling the last few months. And we look forward to celebrating with you and Ash. ❤️
Am wedding coordinator and have recently created weddings for couples who have lost one important guest during this & have decided that what is important is the ones that remain are there for their day rather than waiting for big numbers. We are giving them option to have a party next year too if they choose. It’s not anyone’s fault and I understand their view .
UKBride. If you knew that your supplier portal how no information what so ever about when your supplier's contracts are coming to an end, any information on how to cancel or even a button to cancel. What could you do differently?