My wedding is set for October this year and I'm starting to get a bit worried that it may need to be postponed or I won't have the wedding that I have planned due to coronavirus. Would you start looking at alternatives now or wait until August and risk having to possibly postpone to a weekday in 2021 or have to wait until 2022 for a Saturday?
I'm August 1st and have to wait til June as my venue not moving any weddings beyond 30th of June. Super stressful! I know I'll probably have to now accept a mid-week wedding next year and will probably struggle to keep all of my suppliers 😔. X
Your venue may offer you a second date to hold next year for example and hold both until you know more xx
I would wait I have postponed mine from May to October so hopefully we will be in a better place come then xx
Ours is 24th July. The venue isn't moving any from beginning of july. But we had some dates to chose from and are now pencilled in for a date next year. All suppliers too. Xx
My wedding is booked for October too! I'm also worried it's not going to happen this year. We can postpone if we want to, but have to wait until 8 weeks before. I've already been told that I might not be able to have a Saturday wedding. 🤞🤞 for us all! I feel awful for everyone that has had to postpone already x
I’m also getting married in October and thinking the same! See what your venue can do at this stage, it’s still too early for us to change!
I wouldnt be worrying until Invites are due to be printed and dresses altered ect!!! I had my April wedding postponed 4wks ahead of the big day, with everything sitting in place!! We are now rescheduled for October.
My wedding is meant to be on Saturday 2and May and I have lost everything I brought for my big day as I had everything personalised and don't know when I can get married again and my dress Is still in the shop I'm so gutted I done my wedding on a budget as cant afford a big wedding, 😪😪😪
I was 25th sept but didn’t want to risk not beable to have my hen and not getting a decent date next year so we moved to July 2021 x
Speak to you venue & suppliers, see if they could pencil in a back up date? Xx
Ours was booked for 5th September and we postponed a few weeks back until next year may. I wanted to keep as many suppliers as possible and have managed to keep them all. I sent back the flower girl dresses and will try and swap mine for a new one next year of the shop will let me. Managed to postpone the hen too. It's nice to still be in control tbh but even now thinking next may might not be long enough. Sad about my September date but everything is just so uncertain. Good luck to everyone in the thread x
My wedding has been postponed from 11th April to 17th October keeping everything crossed we don’t need to postpone again😩
I was meant to to get married in May but postponed to September this year. October is a long way off and I would stay positive, postponing is a lot of hassle and stress also most of the dates for next year are already taken because of so many people postponing. I would hold off for a while before making a decision.
We were meant to get married In April but we have moved ours till November praying it will be fine for then! X
I’m 3rd October staying optimistic and carrying on the prep, will move if have to but not until last minute xx
Sorry but sick of seeing posts like this now. Already changed mine from 27th March to 11th September. Making people worry more and not want to get married.
I'm also October but my venue isn't accepting any requests to postpone until closer to the time. I'm worried as it will mess up all my plans (I am a control freak) but with most registrars only allowing social distancing till September I'm really hoping it will go ahead. My heart breaks for those who have already postponed and for those like us just waiting
We are due to get married in October too- we're giving ourselves a couple of weeks to see what the new lockdown measures are before we make any decisions. The venue have said that we can move to another date this year for free but who knows what's going to happen. We've already postponed the honeymoon x
My wedding was meant to be next month. Have paid for everything personalised. Don’t know when we will do it now.
Were June 20th and cant change our date yet as venue only dealing 4 weeks in advance:( I wouldn't worry for October yet, a lot of April/May bride have had to change to till October so this might make them worry even more. I would wait till October
I'm 2nd October and today I moved my wedding day because I just can't plan my wedding with everything going on. I feel so much better about the whole thing now x
We are due to get married 8th august we are holding out till july to decide what to do. Im praying we can all go ahead on our weddings xx
I was may......and we have changed to october so quit worrying so far ahead.
Mine was 23rd May and postponed to 21st August 2020. Next year is pretty much booked up on weekends all year at the registrar (thats the important one you need to check availability with) We are all on a high. Everyone says its green light. They said anything after June 1st will go ahead.
Have you considered speaking with the venue and asking them to provisionally book you in on another date so that if the worst does happen then you're already booked in x
Ours was in October too, we thought it was best to postpone just to be safe. Luckily our venue let us postpone and we've now changed to April next year
I was meant to be getting married friday 17th july 2020
Myself an my partner have vulnerable relatives
We have everything sorted
And as we dont know what is happening we talked with the venue and was agreed it's best to change it to next year which we have done
16th july 2021 it will now be
Im February 2021 and im starting to get worried
My wedding was 21st March and was cancelled the night before. We have rescheduled for 17th October and I won’t be thinking about rescheduling until the end of august if we have to. If it comes to it we may just cancel it, have a small ceremony and then the rest at a later date but I’m hopefully we will get our day in October as planned for March and not have all the stress of the last build up. This can’t go on forever and venues and suppliers would go bust if all this years weddings get postponed or cancelled which would then impact for years to come xx
Id start to look into securing a backup date. Our wedding was supposed to be 18th July and venue cancelled it last fri. We had already secured a backup date for 31st Oct but venue said we really need to think about securing another backup date for next year. So we have also got 6th March in case our Oct date is cancelled aswell. At the start I was very positive that Oct dates will be fine but with social distancing most likely being in place for the whole year... i honestly cant see my wedding going ahead. We have overall 200 guests and we'd have to uninvite over 100 of them 😥 I wouldnt wait until August... get on the ball now and believe me when I say it gives you relief when you have another backup date secured.
Mine is in 12 weeks. At the minute everything is still on. X
I am meant to be getting married on Halloween this year. Our venue has offered us to pencil a date free of charge for any available date next year for peace of mind. I have penciled for next Halloween too as this has always been my dream wedding date but have until the 17th October to decide. If your venue is offering you to pencil in a date for next year for free, I would say do it and look into all realistic options like how many people would attend after a pandemic. I am concerned that weddings will be allowed later on this year but social distancing and limited numbers will still be enforced, which will not give me and my fiance our true wedding. I've come to realise, we will get married, just maybe when it is safer to do so 💜
Mine is 28/09/2020 but I have asked all the wedding stuff to pencil us in for the same date but a year later and it's been fine but hopefully we get hitched this year x
I was meant to be getting married in August. We moved the wedding to june next year with the venue (they were great..but weeks next year are going fast)
Our honeymoon is another matter, we have holiday insurance but I'm hoping we can move it as well, but currently they arent helping anyone beyond may
My wedding was 20.06.20 I've been given 10.10.20 I'm crossing everything for luck
Sorry for all of you who's venues are refusing conversations about postponing, especially when it's such a tough time for everyone. We were 28th May and we postponed before lockdown even happened as I could see it coming. We originally moved everything to 21st November, but as soon as Chris Witty said social distancing would be in place until the end of the year we made the decision to move again. We're now 1st June 2021. We're not bothered about a Saturday wedding at all. Which gave us more options. So a Tuesday after Bank Holiday works for us. If people really want to share your day then they'll not be bothered either. I think people get too caught up on it. Our suppliers and venue have been fantastic. Everyone has moved, no questions asked (and likely available as a Tuesday) and carried over our deposits, which I why I really feel for those who have been shafted. This is no ones fault and a collaborative partnership between suppliers and couple will help these businesses in the long term. I'd highly recommend all of our suppliers based on how amazing they've been. Ultimately you need to do what's right for you. Its your wedding after all, but I know our decision was right for us as we'll have the wedding we always planned to have xx
We’re due to get married on the 30th of October. Hoping and trying to stay positive that everything will go ahead as planned, but we’re trying to prepare ourselves for the fact that it may not go ahead, and we’re trying to think of a plan B 👍🏻 we haven’t postponed or cancelled anything yet, will wait closer to the time x
Can I ask where u were getting married as I am surposed to be getting married on 18 july but not heard anythink
There was an earlier thread that was asking much the same and I said that I wouldn’t be planning anything for this autumn/winter as there is very likely to be a second wave of this virus around then, especially if schools go back in September.
We may well end up on lockdown again and having an indoor venue means more people could get infected.
Why not plan it for next summer when everyone can be outside together and the risk is less, and definitely get a cancellation policy in place just in case.
This could go on for 18m - 2 yrs 😕
I was meant to have my wedding in october, I have had to change my day to march 2021 xxx
I wouldn’t wait I would move now, I was set for 1st August this year and we postponed ours before lockdown to July 31st next year and I’m so glad I did it when I did as next year is filling up fast with already booked in weddings and also the ones now moving from this year to next. I can’t see many weddings happening this year at all unless they go harass with no guests or reception xx
I was meant to get married in May but have had to postpone, October is a long way off so stop panicking and worrying, your best to wait until nearer the time!
My wedding is 10th October and I’m keeping everything crossed and trying not to think about the alternatives 😭😭x
Our venue hasn't said anything yet and our wedding planner doesn't seem worried. We are still planning to get married 29th August 2020 💛
I have cancelled mine in November.
I've postponed my August 22nd wedding to 3rd July 2021 but I choose to move it cos I thought the same thing about people moving their weddings and new people getting married so decided it was best not to wait and was lucky cos my venue church and suppliers I've booked are all free on that date so it worked out well!! The only thing with dates on so far that we done were save the dates we were done by me and were inexpensive so not too much to be worried about for now it's taken all the pressure and worry off xx
I was meant to be getting married in September and we change it until June next year.. The lady on the phone said a lot of venues have already told them they aren't openening until Xmas time xx
I am due to get married 31 oct and we are planning like everything will be back to normal by then. If it has to be changed we will face that when our venue and registrar say other wise we are starting to send out our invitation
We’ve been given a preliminary second date in October so I wouldn’t worry too much
So many people are in our boat 😩 James Bath
I would want i would move it for next year cause i was surpose to get married in september so i move mini till june next year
So worried. We’re just waiting. We’ve checked our insurance too
Megan Thomas more people in our boat!
Stay positive I'm supposed to fly out to jamacia on 5 July xx
I have postponed my wedding twice now. My original date was 27th March, we moved it to 23rd August, now we are getting married August 2021.
Im so gutted, but we worked way too hard not to have the wedding we want, so for us, postponing was our best option. Hope everything works out well for you xx
I know exactly what you mean. My hotel wont do anything until lockdown is lifted they said. But I'm getting married in scotland so I need it to be a Saturday or school holidays so all the family's kids dont miss school. It's so worrying as I have just put everything on hold and havent arranged a dj or flowers so worried I cant get anyone even if it is lift also if I pay deposit for them now would I get it back if it was cancelled? Xx