Hi, I am due to get married on 7.11.20 but would prefer to move it because of what’s going on, and don’t want to have my wedding with restricted guest numbers. My venue won’t let me change date without paying the full venue fee all over again. And insurance company is hopeless as it doesn’t cover anything that’s a government act. Anyone else have this issue? I don’t know what to do!
I personally think it will all be forgotten about by November.. I know a few people that are still getting married in August and September. Which is probably why your unable to transfer any money to do a different date that late on
If you dont want to lose money then unfortunately you will have to wait until its closer and see what restrictions are in place and if the venue can help. They wont change at this stage because they have weddings being put into crisis over the next few months. They are trying to make sure they dont lose money. I think Kayleigh Donald Bagnall is right. Just be thankful that your day will go ahead as planned. Alot of couples have had to cancel completely or change at the last time and compromise the day they had planned.
I’ve just moved our wedding from June to
November 6th. I’d like to think yours will go ahead as otherwise there’s little hope of mine 😂 x
I think it would be unfair for your venue to allow a postponement before we know more. I'm August and my venue and registrar are making me wait til June/july as they have having to sort their April and may couples who definitely can't have their weddings. I think your venue are correct in their stance. If there was no improvement by September, then I'd expect them to offer you a postponement but it's far too early
Just moved mine from 18/04/20 to 14/11/20
2 of my friends at least have had to postpone their weddings which is hard. They had to wait until the government cancelled all weddings before changing it. Fingers crossed the restrictions will be lifted before then but we won't know until closer to the time. I get how stressful it is but try not to worry and keep planning until closer to the time.
I was getting married on 23rd may, we have re-arranged to 29th August this year. We could only do up to this year and it's the only date all suppliers, church and reception could do. I have said today that if they say the wedding can go ahead but on smaller numbers we will have to go ahead and I have said next year we will hire a hall and put our suits and dresses on and have a party. Unfortunately, unless they cancel we will have to pay again and we can't afford to fork out again. It won't be what we have planned but it's what will have to happen. I'm hoping by August we will be able to go ahead as we would like but right now no one has answers. Please spare a thought for those who have HAD TO CANCEL as you are lucky you aren't yet affected. Our little boys suit will have to be exchanged for a different size, and we had personalised things with dates on which we have got to replace. I know its a worrying time but just think of us brides that have had to go through cancelling things.
We’re due to get married on 5/12/20. As hard as it is, I think you have to wait it out. I personally think we’ll be able to get married, but won’t be able to travel internationally for honeymoon, which luckily we haven’t booked. I don’t think insurance will help at this point as this is currently your choice to move it, it’s not because you have been told you have to or the failures of suppliers. It’s a waiting game, but regardless, it’s worth it. Remember, even though all of these massive events are being cancelled, it’s because they have 32,000 people attending, not 100 - it’s very different!
We moved from may to october.....im pretty sure everything will be ok by your wedding date, business arnt going to change anything unless they have no choice for dates that far away so you will just have to sit tight or loose your money.
We were 13th june and have postponed by a year - you need to wait and see what happens with restrictions being lifted
I have just arranged to postpone my wedding from August 20 to May 21 thankfully our venue has been fantastic and offered us the change i would expect if you have already paid the deposit etc they should change it at no extra fee incase this lasts longer than expected
We get wed in july but the venue and everyone one we are using have agreed to a provisional date next year incase of the restrictions with no extra cost.
I believe your cancellation policy will still remain and postponent policy. Until they said they cant go ahead, you wont be able to move dates without incurring more costs.
My wedding was in 2 weeks time but they cancelled and we moved to 28th August x
Moved ours from 20/4/20 to 2/9/20
I moved mine back as soon as lock down went on and everyone was fine we didn’t loose any money they just changed the dates! Why should you have to pay again when this isn’t in our hands we can’t change what’s going on! It’s bang
Out of order they should
Just change the date for you
I’ve had to move my wedding date from May this year. We’ve been lucky and managed to swap all our suppliers to our new date. Check the small print of your insurance as ours says we’d be covered for an infectious disease, our insurance has been really helpful. I think though if yours isn’t until November then I’d hold off cancelling for now as that’s a long way off!
Our was suppose to be this Saturday (25th) and ours has been postponed until 12/9/2020. Tbh I think its too soon to tell what will happen I think you need to wait it out untill it's closer to the time and see what restrictions are in place nearer the time if any. Things could be completley different by then!
Yep had same issue with registrar, they say it’s not restricted by gov guidelines as there only doing 3 weeks at a time. We only got engaged new year, so had less than 12 months to plan from date we orginally picked. So we decided makes sense to alter but registrar / venue acks.
With my may wedding date i had to wait for the venue to contact me with regards to it not being able to go ahead, from this i have postponed until october and also reserved a third date in april 2021 with out incurring any extra costs. waiting and hoping is horrible, even if its costs you a little bit and your worried about dates being available start preparing a back up date and checking supplier availability without cancelling/formally postponing your original date it may give you some peace of mind that if 2 months before you do have to postpone you already have things in place.
I think you should wait until closer to the time, November is a long way off and nobody knows where we will be, you could have the wedding you wanted.
I was due to get married next Saturday and postponed to 7th November. My venue and suppliers were great. I’m hoping that it will go ahead but as others have said most venues are focusing on the weddings that are impacted right now and can only go by current government advice.
Everything should be sorted by then, unless it's an absolutely emergency then I can't see them moving the date... People have had to had there wedding out on hold because they literally can't get married, I think with yours being that far away there is no need to pro long it... My friend was supposed to be getting married this weekend and has had hers pushed back a whole year... I'd just be lucky that you can still get married without any complications.. obviously closer to the time if there is an issue then yeah change it but at the min I cant see why you would even want to move your wedding...
I'm 14.11.20 so the week after you. It is unfortunately a waiting game. If it does come to postponing your venue will step in at that point but as of now they won't because no guidance has been given. I'm sure it will all be fine (hopefully)
We have had to move ours from 16/05/20 to 07/11/20 - I’m hopeful by then it’ll all go ahead. Venue has been good at dealing with couples like us first then going month by month. If needs be I’m sure a further postponement would be fine but I agree insurance is awful ours was very unhelpful. X
Mine was saying it was only moving those up until the beginning of August.
If you wait and the restrictions are all still in place then the insurance company or venue will sort it for you.
As it stands at the moment it’s still too early as the government are hoping we can get things back to normal by then; this means all company’s are still planning for it all to go ahead as normal. A lot of venues are also offering the legal wedding with the restricted guests but then a blessing with all your guests meaning it’s not really much different.
I was due to get married in June and as of yesterday have moved it to September so let’s hope it is back to normal.
I’m sure if it’s not you will have the option later in the year
We're getting married 19/11/20 in St Lucia. It's a bit early to tell whether we'll be able to travel or not by then.
I was due to get married on the 9th of may but have had to postpone with no dates as of yet!X
I was meant to get married this saturday but our venue rang us a month ago and advised us to postpone it and provided us with new dates later on in the year Nd now we r hopfully getting married on 24th october this yr. It's not ideal but we had no choice. If you change it you will have to pay but if u wait and things are still like this then venue will do what they can to help you. It's still 7months away so I am hopeful u will get married without a problem x
I am in the same boat. Due to get married 11/11/20. We are losing our money too, but hey, still worth cancelling for 12 months or longer to keep people safe as we won’t be back to any sort of normal for a couple of years at least and Covid isn’t going away, we have to learn to live with it and nothing will be the same . We don’t have any insurance and venue won’t let us postpone, so we will book again for next year and hope by then that our loved ones are able to all be together to celebrate our day. If not, we will move it again.
Is it in the contract that you have to pay again if you change the date? Some companies can be sneaky, although it might actually be stated in the terms and conditions.
Be grateful you can still have it even reduced, I know it’s the worst and it’s so heartbreaking, but mine got cancelled 6 days before and I would literally have given anything to just be legally married as that’s all that matters x
My SIL is going through this as her wedding is the 06/06/20, she asked to postpone but without incurring massive charges she can't, she's got to wait until closer to the date to see what the venue says.
Best thing to do is wait sadly, if this carries on to that date then the venue will/should inform you of their plans, but if you try and move it now it's only fair that they charge you as currently there is no reason to change, fingers crossed for you xx
Ours is the 10th October this year. Our venue just said for us to wait and see. We were suppose to have our first payment come out in April but they’ve said they will take it when they reopen again.
Are you uk or US, not sure if it's a july or November wedding. If november I'd wait it out for a while yet. I'm 11th july and have been offered to move it by the venue but have said we will hang on a little longer to see what happens x
Our date is 21/11/20 & I think it’s far too early to say! As other people have said they need to focus on the people who are being impacted right now, November is still 7 months away so for now I’m going to assume it’s going ahead until told otherwise. Just keeping fingers crossed & carrying on with planning for now. Try not to stress! X
I'm still having difficulty moving my May wedding as the restrictions don't cover the end of May 🙄
I would hold off postponing for now as it can be alot of bother x
I’ve also had to rearrange my wedding from May to September 💔 I’m so sorry you’re all having to do the same. Its actually quite comforting to see that I’m not in this alone and that we’re all in this together 💕💕
I’m due to get married in September and I’m just planning as if it’s happening if it gets postponed or restricted numbers I’m taking the advice of the people who have sadly had theirs cancelled it’s better to be married with a smaller number of people who love you than not. I think you are best to stop stressing as it’s not u til November and just see how things play out it might be completely changed by then and you have wasted time getting g upset and ruining your planning time. Enjoy the process. To everyone who has had their weddings cancelled or postponed I’m really sorry and I hope you have the greatest day when it happens 😃
I was supposed to be getting married 16th May and moved to September. Trying to remain positive and hopeful x
Just have it for what it is now and in a years time have a 1 year anniversary where you can even renew your vows, re wear your dress and have a huge party
I was supposed to get married 31st May and we have postponed to 16th May 21
I would wait it out and not change it unless you really need too.
Rearranging it was more stressful than organising from the start!
Hope you get your perfect day 💜
You will just have to wait and see.. nobody knows what the situation will be by then, the venue wont let you move it without cost just because you want to as they will lose money if they cant rebook. If social distancing is still going on then you will have to deal with it.. reduce the guest list, have more tables with less people on each etc, vulnerable people may not be able to attend anyway. (So you could consider live streaming it?).. who knows.. its frustrating but the likehood is that you will either need to go ahead on the planned date if the restrictions allow by then, if restrcitions wont allow then it should be allowed to move or insurance will pay out (hopefully), or you can try and move it at your own cost if you choose not to go ahead, but a lot of your supliers may charge you extra to move it if it is your own choice
That’s so strange. Our venue said if we want to move by our own choice we can move the date under normal circumstances for £150. But have offered us the option of postponing to another date free of charge.
Sorry this has happened. It will be worth reading through your contract again carefully and just seeing if there are any options you haven’t considered
Our wedding is same date as yours 7/11/2020.... we are debating what to do at the minute, has don’t want restricted or no guests there.... I think mass gatherings will still be restricted by then as well.... so we’re considering changing to next year but would rather hold off and see if the government makes that final decision... as it did with flights as my hen do was 7th may to Mallorca but all flights cancelled so luckily getting full refund 👍👍👍👍👍 even though this crisis might be over by November it’s now not been able to shop, plan, buy, pay etc...,
Firstly read the venue contract... if corona virus carries on it will be the venue that has to cancel as they will not be able to open which puts them in breach rather than you having to lose any money. You should get a full refund or free postponement if they are not able to open. Either way you don’t lose money- either you have the wedding as normal or you have it postponed by the venue.