Hello! we are due to get married in July this year but we now want to postpone to next summer. I have contacted the venue but haven’t got a response yet. Has anyone one’s venue said no to them postponing? Thank you
Our venue contacted us offering postponing but only for in this year so we’ve postponed until end of the year. We were due to get married may 16th. I know our venue was going month by month of the month in advance if that makes sense. X
Were not allowed to postpone yet and when we are it will have to be for a date before December
Our venue hasn’t offered us the option to postpone yet although we have asked we haven’t even give notice yet ( we were due to marry in cyprus in June and U.K. venue in July) so we are a bit stuck. Its a lot of money to lose :(
We postponed to the same date next year and had no issues at all, no extra charges and all our suppliers have been brilliant. 💜 Xx
We postponed from June this year to June next year. All our suppliers have been fab and super helpful x
We aren’t allowed to postpone unless the wedding physically can’t go ahead due to government guidelines. We’re due to get married in July xxx
Our venue called and offered us to postpone.. we where due to get married early aug. The registrars we are using are doing witnesses only until end of aug so that's what led them to offering us to postpone. All vendors have be so helpful with moving everything to new date. If you have wedding insurance aswell I'd check what their policy is on it as its not cancelling your just moving it x
We are allowed to postpone but only to a midweek date xxxxx
We were July but postpone till next year but waiting for venue to get in touch
Don't forget that the venue might be fully booked next year, they may offer a week day or later this year xx
We were due to get married on 1st August, we contacted venue today to ask about postponing to next August, no problem at all, no extra costs, but had to go with 31st July as August next year already full!
Some of their departments may have been put on furlough. This may be why they're not responding. I would email and just wait for a response.
They probably have been furloughed.?
Just be careful, our wedding was meant to be in March so it was so stressful up until you got the PM to put a legal ban in and you’ve to watch out because even now the bans are only currently “legally” in place until certain dates. I’ve even wrote to the government about it 😅Hope it all goes well for you xx
We are still waiting here ourselves we get married on 4th July at football ground.
Our venue has let us have a provisional date for next year but until we know more our wedding in July is still going ahead. Such a strange feeling but I didn’t want to cancel altogether until we know more x
Our venue has said our wedding as it stands on the 27th June is going ahead, tbh I think this is very unlikely since even if lockdown restrictions are lifted it will be months in my opinion before gatherings will be allowed again. My partner and I have discussed this evening to move to April next year after speaking with our venue and vendors and we will confirm tomorrow if this is what we want to do. It’s the not knowing that’s more frustrating so we think that is the best decision for us to postpone. Our venue were brilliant and even offered to hold both dates for us until we know more. Xxx