Hello ???? we are due to get married in July this year but we now want to postpone to next summer. I have contacted the venue but haven’t got a response yet. Has anyone one’s venue said no to them postponing? Thank you ????
I was due to get married 15th May but weddings got cancelled and we rearranged with no problem. Hang on they may still ban gatherings in July and then they have no choice but to rearrange for you X
A lot of venues are saying that July weddings are still due to go ahead so you can’t postpone without penalties. Once it’s confirmed it can’t go ahead then they’ll move it free of charge. It’s crap but we had to wait until our April wedding was definitely cancelled before we could do anything even though we knew it wouldn’t happen weeks before.
Our venue won't let us postpone until there is confirmation that it can't go ahead...e.g still in lockdown and/or social distancing still in place 😔
I'm having a reception in a hotel back here (was supposed to be getting married in June in Cyprus,now next june). The reception was booked for July, I called the hotel and as they are closed and left an email address for me to contact. I emailed them and got a call back, they were fine for me to swap to next year. Although had to move it back slightly as the dates we wanted were already taken x
Also bare in mind venues are now on extreme skeleton staff and working remotely, everything takes time. I appreciate your concern, but just be patient. They will get back to you. However, if it's your choice you will have to honour your contract and pay any fees.
Our venue for July are still thinking it’ll go ahead so we will wait and see! But they have advised if we want to postpone we will loose our deposit and will need to pay again 😩😩😣
Ours is August and they are letting us postpone if we want and have been kind enough to let us pencil in a date
My venue has been putting regular updates and have said that at any point you can move it to another date in 2020 for same price or 2021 but price may be slightly different but they are getting in touch 6 weeks before to offer you different dates to move free of charge or cancel and refund your deposit.
Ours was August but we made the decision to just move it to next year and our venue and all our other bookings have been totally fine and got changed straight away. Hope you get it sorted😃
We're due to marry 24th July. Our venue called and is expecting July to go ahead as planned. If things change then we have a date pencilled in for next July. If WE want to move it now there is a fee of £500 but if they have to remain closed then it's moved free of charge so we are holding on for this year at the mo 🤞🏼🤞🏼
I was due to get married 1st August but we still had loads to do, such as, sort out the wedding licence, attend a marriage course (to allow us to get married in a church) and I still hadn’t bought my wedding dress. So I contacted our venue and explained everything and they were so lovely, postponed our wedding until August 2021 and no additional fees incurred.
Ours is the 11th of July. We are hoping it can go ahead but the venue we're happy to move it free of charge of we wanted to. They have pencilled us in for next year just in case it does get cancelled so dates don't book up xx
Ours was 16th May, now moved to 25th July so just keeping everything crossed it can go ahedb 🙏🙏🙏🙏
Our venue allowed us to prospone but all Friday and weekend dates taken from March to September next year! X
We were due to get married 25th July but made the decision to postpone it till next April year and everyone was really fine with it free of charge
Had no issue with my venue at all. They were really accommodating and not judgemental at all. Made the whole thing so much easier. We were able to chose another date up until april for free or pay a £200 fee to move to same time next year which we did as we really wanted a summer wedding. We could have held off until venue cancelled but we were worried about the dates being taken. Feel so much better for making the decision. Sending positive vibes your way!
I’m due to be married on 25th July, I have a date for next year just in case but venue haven’t mentioned finances... I have spoken to registrars who won’t take bookings for next year but won’t say if July will go ahead this year... hopefully by end of May it will be clearer
Our venue contacted us the end of March and gave us 3 options to cancel to postpone or go ahead but there is no way we can go ahead we still have so much to do and people to see and it’s not gonna happen so we have postponed until next July at no extra costs at all and all of our suppliers are still on board at no extra costs everyone has been amazing
I work for a wedding video company and the people who have mainly postponed are from April/May/June, as a lot of companies/couples are hoping that the lockdown will be lifted after that. However if it was me I’d keep on calling/emailing your venues and suppliers and ask what their policy is. If the lockdown does continue and affects your July date they should do the right thing and postpone your wedding without incurring any extra charges, as it’s not your fault.
Our wedding due 24th of July.hopefully we can go ahead with it 🙂
Ours was June this year and we chose to postpone and all suppliers have been happy to move to may next year,no extra charge and all happy to work with us on what ever we want to do. Can't see us being able to marry this year with restrictions so close and they will probably keep restrictions in place for a long period of time to be safe and sure! I have wedding insurance too to cover outbreaks of a desease luckily if I needed it. Hope and pray for all you that are due to marry this year and hope you get your special day as planned 🙏
We are due to marry 22nd July, I want to postpone but venue have told us to wait and see. I personally don’t think it’s going to happen I can’t see them allowing large gatherings until there is a vaccine. I also don’t want to put any of my family at risk until it’s safe for them to travel and are vaccinated against it. Unfortunately I have to wait until the government say that it can’t go ahead before postponing as otherwise we lose money. We can’t do next year and they are fully booked so ours would have to be 2022 which I’m fine with as by then I highly expect there to be a vaccine and all be well again.
We just postponed our which was 11th July to next May.. venue and other suppliers were very helpful.. I was going to wait it out but i no that older people in my family won’t be able to come to I moved it x have you tried to call your venue? X
I was due to get married 18th july my venue contacted me and advice us on postponing as even if the lockdown is lifted we still might have restrictions and might not go how we planned/hope so we postponed to next year
We were due to be married at the end of August 2020, as much as I hoped it would still go ahead we decided to postpone and rearrange until next year. We were stuck to needing a Saturday wedding and if we’d have waited any longer to postpone we could have ended up with waiting until 2022 as our venue was virtually fully booked for next year. We haven’t had to pay anything extra. If we were able to get married on a week day we had more options but as Saturday is popular we were limited. I’d say try calling them, talk over your options see what dates could be available if you do postpone. That might decide it for you like it did us.
Mine initially said they were doing it in date order to be fair, this was about 3 weeks ago, then I got a call and asked about rebooking and they were fine with it. I was due to get married 5th june this year but moved to May next year.
We were due in October but decided to postpone to be on the safe side for ourselves and our guests, it took a while for a reply but we finally managed to get hold of our hotel and they've changed it to a date next year without charge. The conference centre on ours is closed hence the delay in response, it may be a similar issue for yours, keep trying hun that's what I did xxx
They should honour a reschedule or if they cant you should get your money back. We have postponed our July wedding to September next year. It was very difficult getting a date all our suppliers had available hence having to wait another 18 months but we are going to have a small registrary office wedding as soon as this is over and then marry again at our actual wedding next year. Best of both worlds and will need to buy another dress...oh well 😉.. good luck im sure they will get back to you.
Ours said that if we wait and see what is happening in July..then we don't get our pick of dates...so we've taken the decision to postpone as...this should be our dream wedding and it won't be if we go ahead x
We are due to get married 25th july. The venue has provisionally booked 31st October for us but has also kept the july one on the books as they want us to wait and see as she is confident it will go ahead then.
We were supposed to be getting married in June but postponed till next year in June as wanted to keep the same date hotel was fine with it we just have to pay the extra vat as prices would of gone up by then
Mines 31st July all my suppliers have said they can change just waiting for the venue as they are hoping it still goes ahead 🤞
My wedding is the 23rd of August but the current stance of my venue is if I want to postpone to a later date I am liable to pay a fee of 25% of the total value of the wedding so I am going to be stuck mopping up whatever dates are left 😔
Been a complete nightmare. Registrars want to recharge for altering date & venue happy to change date but giving a choice of like two dates in year & not fully room available all day. Hope you have better luck. Plus all the fees gone up.
Martin Lewis - Be great if could shred some light on the situation of charges from council registrars on wedding date changes this year/Venue changes why places aren’t just allowing couples to change date free of charge for next year 21/22. Thank you
I am going to be postponing our wedding from 11/11/20 until the end of next year as even by the end of this year, older and vulnerable family members will not want to be part of a large group, and I don’t want to get married without all of our guests, so to keep everyone safe, weddings have to wait as they are not important enough to come before families health. I’m hoping my venue will understand but if not il lose thousands.. but hey, still worth it.
We were due to marry May 21st this year, now postponed to the 19th May next year, all our suppliers were amazing, I think it just depends who you've chosen, but don't worry about no response just yet, they're probably working their way through their contacts and listings
Our wedding is 26.11.2020. I have been in panick mode since this all started I have emailed my wedding planner and asked her advise on whether to postpone or keep . She said that at the moment it is still going ahead but to contact her at the end of june and she may have more of a idea on what is happening. I have paid the £500 deposit and if worse comes to worse I can transfer to next year free of charge if needed. I have fingers, toes everything crossed that It will go ahead but if need to change then that would be fine too. It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one worry!! Fingers crossed for all of you that you get your special day xx
My wedding is booked for 26th Sept in Spain.
I have contacted the venue and asked about the possibility of rebooking for a later date as I am concerned about people's safety. They have refused saying they are doing that on a week by week basis. They have moved all of april/May and have made plans for June.
I could see their availability for next year and they only had a handful of dates left.
As it stands I will have to wait until the month before my wedding to find out if the venue will be able to hold my wedding.
If I cancel now I loose 75%
If I don't cancel in the next 6 weeks I will be liable for 100% of the costs and I run the risk that the venue in Spain will not be in lockdown and the UK is meaning nobody will be able to attend.
I am absolutely heartbroken and don't know what to do 😭
My friend had their June 2020 wedding cancelled but its now back on August 2020 full guest numbers xx
Just want to wish all those due to get married lots of luck, and I hope you all manage to either go ahead or rearrange successfully. I cannot imagine the stress you're going through with not knowing what will happen with your weddings. Life unfortunately is not going to return to 'normal' for an extremely long time 😔
Question ??? How is everyone getting there posts posted ? I have put things up but never comes up on page ? X