Hello! I am getting married on 20 August 2020 and am having a panic about wether I will need to rearrange or not.... does anyone have any advice around this? I want it still to be the same wedding I'm just confused about what I should do!
I would hang off till ur wedding planner says other wise i was meant to get married on the 5th of June i waited till my planner said we postpone till next year 🤞🏻 everything is sorted by then x
I'm having the same panic, ours is 15th aug, I have been told to keep the date active until around June-july. We will have to get all the personalised date item all re-done etc. Our hearts have been set on that day as it's actually ours 10th year together xx
I'm 1/8 and while my OH is confident, I'm definitely not! Our venue aren't dealing with August weddings until June and I'm freaking out in the meantime! I'm really worried that by then all the people postponing in April/May will move into all the dates we would want too!
I wouldn’t postpone. Your wedding is 4 months away. My wedding was meant to be in May but had to postpone to September. Postponing is a lot of hassle and stress and trying to get hold of the registry office is a nightmare. I would hold off for a little while.
I’m July holding out to see where we are in may xx
Same! Was meant to be getting married June 21st. We have rescheduled to August 2nd but scared that it’s going to be postponed to next year! 😭
We are ment to be getting married in September but we've decided to prospone till December 2020 and have a winter wedding x
Hang in there for now. We spoke to our venue and they have let us provisionally book in a date for next year in case we need to postpone but are still keeping our date open at the moment xx
Ours is in September and I’m hopeful we’ll be okay, won’t be postponing unless our venue tell us we have to. Just got to be hopeful that in a few months it’ll all be okay!
I was suppost to be june but ive had to postpone until november x
My wedding is 25th July and I'm holding off for now with everything crossed. I have however got a provisional date for next year just in case. I think it's good to be prepared. X
I'd hang in there. We have had to postpone our May wedding and have just rebooked it for 15th Augsut. Our venue are opening up bookings from August so hopefully all will be ok by then. Even if we can't have as many people there I hope we can atleast have those we are closest to. Xx
I think even once this is all over people are still going to be worried about going anywhere for a while.
We were meant to be married on the 31st March 2020 we had to postpone to next year but we waited for the venue to confirm the situation and then got to carry everything over to our new date
We're supposed to get married 31st July in Wakefield / Pontefract. This particular registry office/ area is moving dates up to the 5th July 2020.
Let's see what happens after the next announcement in a few weeks time. I got told to take it from there.
Hope this helps!
I'm end of August and want to postpone also for the reason of how will anything get done? They expect us to be like this till about june time basing it all on chinas and Italy's lockdown times that only gives 8 weeks for us. We haven't been able to get suits done,dress alterations etc or even our appointment with the registry office as no1 saw this coming and I can only imagine the backlog when it all opens up again. Xx
My wedding is 30th August and I’m 100% postponing if I can. They’re talking social distancing going on for 6 months so if that’s the case then 5 people at my wedding....I’m just not prepared to risk it with the will it be ok won’t it. I hate being stuck in this limbo as I really need to let suppliers know! I would rather postpone it for a date I know will go ahead then risk it. Another thing, if it’s ok in August for weddings, will elderly still be able to go? Seems a bit unlikely as they’re vulnerable. I would just rather not get closer to the date and it end up costing me more money!
If you have insurance i am guessing they would need something official to say that you have to postpone.. speak to the venue about what they recommend, but restrictions may have been lifted by then, or may still be partially in force so you may not have exactly the wedding you envisiaged, but you will still be married which surely is the whole point of it really?
I hope you all have insurance on your weddings
I am due to be married on august 29th 2020, unfortunately my registrar emailed me to state that we have been postponed. Email your registrar xxxx
I agree and would wait and see what happens. You don't know what the situation will be like. I was supposed to get married April 25th but waited until the venue told us to postpone. That was because I wanted to make sure we didn't lose any money, if they have been asked to close/postpone due to restrictions from the government you are more likely to get a new date without adding extra fees. If I had cancelled before the hotel was told to shut down they could have made us pay as they had still been able to host the event. We spoke to all our suppliers, cake, photographer, cars etc, and asked to change our bookings to the new date. They had already been paid for and no one wants to lose money atm so they were understanding and we have managed to move everything to September. Also, it's a hassle reaching out to all your guests and then having to ask them to RSVP for a new date... if you have to postpone, make sure you get everything written down in new contracts, incase the person you spoke to don't work there or someone else isn't aware of the arrangement.
If you have wedding insurance I would hold on, our policy allows us just one change of date. So the more information you have before making the decision the better. Good luck x
We were suppose to be getting married on 11th April 2020 we had to postpone to November everything as been move to the new date x
Mines on 18th July, I’m holding out until end of May/beginning of June and go from there.
My wedding is 29th June and we’re holding off spoke to venue/ registrar and all other suppliers and they are happy to hold out 😊 fingers crossed for you all xx
I wouldn't postpone just yet I would wait until the venue contacts you you dont want to postpone then it could have gone ahead. I'm getting married later in the year in november such a worrying time for us all x
I was supposed to be 8th August but we’ve made a decision to move it to 14th August next year. This way we can relax now without all the stress of the not knowing! Manage to do it all quite easily:)
Ours is 29th August. Hanging on for on as hoping things will start to calm down. Stay positive xx
I wouldnt. My wedding was meant to be 23rd May and we have postponed til 21st August. Registrar has said they are opening again on the 1st June.
I would wait and see my wedding has been postponed was meant to be in ,19 days time we got to wait till we can set a new date
Ours is 1 August. We're just continuing ahead with the planning and will just have to see nearer the time if it moves. Very glad I decided to take our wedding insurance though.
Ours is September but we can't postpone yet as venue won't let us, just have to wait and see what happens
I’m a florist, my August weddings have all postponed x
Mine 21st August, I’m gonna hold off another month before I make a decision. X
Your venue may not even let you rearrange until they cancel. Why don’t you find out what their policy is do you can have more info? Good luck with it.
We are end of July but we have moved ours as although the lockdown will be over there will still be elements of social distancing. And I'd rather have all my guests be able to attend and financially its going take us a few months to get over so. Means people will be able to afford to come in May next year
I was August 1st and I’ve postponed until December. While I understand the whole hold on you don’t know realistically even if weddings can go ahead it won’t be back normal
I was supposed to be getting married on 20th June but we have now postponed to October 2020. Even if it could of gone ahead in June, it is less stress having that 4 extra months and gives us more time to get stuff sorted once shops etc re-open x
My daughter getting married August she has been told by my registrar that they doing things 2 weeks at a time so they wont know till 2 weeks b4 date
Mine was 1Aug, been told to move because registry office aren't doing weddings until sept. Managed to get a date in November
We get married in September but have to call church end of July so maybe call end of June
The registrar called me yesterday and said to hold off on postponing and see what happens. We’re getting married 28th August x
My 50th birthday but we are getting married on the 22nd,even if it's only 5 of us. Our Vicar said we can do a thanksgiving later once restrictions are lifted, even the following year so we are planning on both. Look on the bright side more time to save & plan.
I'm September and feeling the same way but I'm secretly hopeful ❤
We’re getting married on 10th July and there is currently nothing we can do. Unless the government guidelines change we would loose £1000 deposit. At the moment all wedding have to rearrange up to the 30th June!! 10 days before ours. X
I wouldn’t postpone they’re predicting between 3-6months to get back to completely normal I’d say you’ll be safe in August xx
Our wedding was originally booked for 30th May 2020, but we’ve had to postpone until 8th August 2020. Our registrars have confirmed the new date so we are going ahead as planned but I am concerned. Its so hard because no-one knows what is going to happen or when we could recover but China has returned to normal after 3 months so 🤞🏼🙏🏻 this is the case for the UK too! If not, we will be finding a registrar and getting married even if its just us and witnesses ! I’d gutted to lose our celebration but we can do that anytime, I just want to marry Dan at the end of the day x
Our wedding was booked 14 August we have postponed till the same date next year
My wedding was due to be 07.08.2020, however Lancashire council have cancelled all ceremony’s until 1st September at the earliest 😭 so our venue have rescheduled us for 06.08.21.
It seems like each council is doing things slightly different
I'm planning to get married in September 2020 and in Jamaica I don't know what to if we should cancel the wedding or put everything oh hold
Mine was meant to b 8th may, postponed to 28th August. Registrar said its risky but will see wat happens nearer time x
My wedding is 22nd August and I'm in the process of postponing my wedding xx
Hold off for now but just be aware the government is advising that some lockdown measures may still be in place by October take it day by day and see where we are at nearer to the summer babe the problem.is no one knows I'm meant to be getting married in june 2020 and considered moving to september but decided that it was too risky so have reserved a date for next year just in case xx
I was getting married next week it’s now been postponed until December x
Ours is September 1st and we’ve already discussed postponing it, we won’t know till June and I don’t think we can catch up with planning in such a small space of time.
And we would risk having family miss it if they’re unsure about travelling etc.
So we are putting ours back to the same date, next year
What is everybody doing about weddings abroad? My friend is due to get married in August in Greece. Anyone in a similar situation? 😞
mines the 24th august and I'm keeping everything crossed. invites have gone out with an added insert along the lines of.....we hope the world is back to normal so please RSVP as if this is the case but if we need to postpone the date we will be in touch. I've luckily got everything done 🎉 yey to being super organised...only need dress and bridesmaid alterations and trials for hair and makeup. everything else left to do is to diy so I now have plenty of time to complete everything 🥰
It’s up to you, I was supposed to be July but I’ve postponed to a date next year (which was the original date we wanted this year but couldn’t get). I had no trouble with postponing. We are losing our celebrant but she’s so lovely and is helping find a new person and will transfer everything over.
I've recently postponed my May wedding to the 19th August.
My wedding venue is staying closed until July (obviously permitting that the virus is under control) so I'd think you'd be fine to go ahead with your August wedding.
Thankfully I have everything ready to go.
Mine was the 1/8/2020 but we were advised to postpone by the church down to number laws that may be in place still, we have postponed a year and got the same weekend as this year just the 31st July date instead, I was so upset about having to change but now I have come around to it I’m happy as I can still have the summer wedding I want just a year later rather then getting another few months down the line and miss out on the popular summer dates xx
I was ment to be getting married 18 April but had to postpone the venue is taking bookings from 25th July but the registrar isnt taking any bookings until further notice so were in limbo at the minute. Our licence runs out in may so were gonna have to pay it all again xx
Ours was the 21st Aug this year but I’ve moved it to the same date the following year, as I couldn’t cope with the stress of not knowing what situation we are going to be in. Although I felt gutted it wasn’t going ahead in 5 months I feel relieved that it’s now not a worry. Talk to your venue as mine was amazing, good luck x
Our wedding date is 18th July 2020, we have booked a provisional date for 31st October 2020... we are very lucky to get a date this year and get a date that suited our venue and all our vendors. We were going to hold off until the end of this month but I was worried all the april/May/June postponements would fill up the rest of this year and I couldnt bare waiting until next year. So lucky we got another saturday aswell! Our July date is still going ahead unless it's advised to be cancelled... im so hoping I get my July wedding as I've been planning it for 2 years but also a little worried that the limited number of guests rule will still apply... otherwise we will have to wait until October, I dont want to uninvite any of my guests! Id book a provisional date... it has given me peace of mind and eliminated alot of stress! As someone said above (and also my fiance) China is now back to normal after 3 months... fingers crossed we'll be the same! ❤
My August the 8th wedding weve postponed till next year. We were told if it was to go ahead this year we could only have 5 in a church and there would be no reading of the bands so we would have to pay for the certificate. The vicar also said if we did go ahead there was still a chance of it being cancelled completely. We are in no hurry to marry and would rather wait a year so all this can blow over and we can enjoy the run up to it without stressing x
10th October ... I'm praying it can go ahead
Wait and see what happens. Mine was this May, we've had to postpone so moved it to next year instead. Should be fine by yours I reckon, hang on in there!
We are getting married 21/08 - hoping it is still going ahead, I wasn't going to make any decisions until end of may/June? Xx
Our wedding was 22nd August and the church cancelled it. I’ve been waiting over a week for her to phone me to rearrange so not sure what’s happening regarding a new date xx
We are meant to be in September.. No one knows what's happening. We can't even get an appointment with the registrar 😢
We were getting married 14th august 2020 and have postponed. We are possibly going to rearrange for august next year. All our vendors have been great and are holding what we have paid until we give them a new date.
Our wedding is 17th May this year a d trying to get on touch with the hotel is difficult just hoping we can get a later date this year!!
I was getting married on 14th may at Cyprus we paid for bed breakfast and evening meal to postpone it until September we would only get bed and breakfast if we want evening meal it was going to cost us another 450.00 don't know how they work it out as we had already paid for evening meal so that would meant we would be paying again for something we had already paid for but if we postpone it for next year in may it we cost us another 200.00
Our wedding is September 14th so I'm trying not to panic yet and see how things get on but it is so worrying. It's all completely out of your hands and no one has any idea what is going to happen. I'm praying that we will be ok but I really feel for everyone who has had to cancel or postpone! ♥️
I would try and hang fire for a few more weeks. It will all depend on what happens with the virus over the next few weeks xx
Ours is October, we have thought long and hard, and decided that we will hopefully keep the date and then go for a meal with our closest family and friends, and we are postponing the actual reception celebrations until a later date, as we have age and existing illness factors on our side, so even if it's just about settled, we would rather make sure everything is back to normal before we get the whole family and friends together. Good luck to all the happy couples to be xxx
It's a tough decision to make, ours is 6th June but after talking to our venue we're awaiting new dates we can move to. Even if weddings are back to normal both our mum's are going through cancer treatment and wouldn't be able to attend even if things have started to seem more "normal" 😢 frustrating as the wedding dates written on sooo many things I've organised 🙈 but I'd rather everyone I love be there to celebrate. Keep your chin up ladies, you'll get your day, and it'll be even more special when you finally get there
We have been told to wait our venue hopes to be open again in july and we get married 26th sept id hang fire xx
Ours is the 14th August 2020.. I am just trying to hold off as long as I can- the venue isn’t looking at our dates yet... the only thing that makes me feel a little better is all my suppliers have said that none of their August couples have rearranged and also I have lots of friends who were due to marry in April/may and they have rearrange TO August... this makes me feel a little better. I totally feel your stresses though it’s so worrying.. 😞 xx
I think it depends on how stressed you at the thought of not knowing. I moved ours from June to next March
Agree with another comment trying to get hold of registrars nearly tipped me over the edge
But once it was all moved it was a massive relief
We want the hen do and stag do and all the excitement of the build up I didn’t want to compromise
Yes it’s really upsetting but I want everyone there and to be healthy
The not knowing is so hard isn’t it
Good luck with whatever u decide x
Question ??? How is everyone getting there posts posted ? I have put things up but never comes up on page ? X
We were all set for 27th may,2020, but put off for a year, with the option of bringing it forward if possible. Best thing to do is speak to your venue, see what they say x