My engagement ring has started making me itch so i've had to take it off. I feel so sad about it. Do we need to get a new one or can I do anything to stop it?
Dependent on the metal type you actually maybe allergic to it x
Buy a liner for it. Small piece of waterproof fabric which goes inside and stops it causing allergies x
Could also be dermatitis especially if you aren’t used to wearing rings-make sure you dry thoroughly underneath it each time you wash your hands and apply hand cream
Could you be pregnant? Lots of friends knew they were pregnant from his before even doing tests etc
I found that wearing my ring to wash dishes shower etc made my finger itch as I wasn’t drying my hands properly,I now take my ring off of my hands are in water
I get the same. I now have to remove ring when washing dishes, showering and when I go to bed x
If its white gold its common that once rhodium has worn off ladies find they are having a reaction to the natural white gold. Be worth taking ring to local jewellers to have them inspect it x
I take my ring off when I shower, wash hands, dishes etc because your ring gets wet and tends to not dry properly with a towel x
Take your ring if it when getting hands wet. I used to get that and it was soapy water being trapped underneath my ring when washing my hands. If you don’t dry properly, this is what causes it.
Yeah agree with everyone above this happened to me I work in a nursery so my hands are constantly getting washed and I’ve ended up taking both my rings off now when I wash my hands x
Clear nail varnish on the inside of the ring,leave to dry.
Water and soap under the ring, sits on the skin, causing dermatitis, especially if your in water a lot, different hand washes etc some are stronger than others. Might not be drying off completely. Take your ring off apply to a barrier cream twice a day, see if it makes a difference
Clean your ring.
Take ring off when ever washing up/showering etc
You can get soap etc stuck under your ring which even if you wash your hands doesn’t move and therefore can cause problems with your skin .... leave the ring off and apply something to your skin - witch hazel is good.
I agree with all the above about the soap and water I now have to take mine off when washing and showering etc as the same was happening to me. Give your ring a good clean around the band to get Eid of any residue that may be still there x
Clear nail varnish painted on the band. I started getting this really bad but that helped alot
No such thing a natural white gold. Yellow gold is underneath the rhodium white gold. White gold is a coating on top. You could be allergic to the metal/gold. Washing it wouldnt help unless something is trapped underneath tge band of the ring . Have you had a reaction to gold before? You could try asking the shop to exchange.
I work in a jewellers and few people so come back to say they’re itching or sore.
Majority is there is dirt underneath and it needs a good clean. That’s all that’s irritating your skin.
The other bit, you’re allergic to the metal.
Silver has nickel in that most seek to be allergic to.
White gold is gold with a rhodium playing making it white, rose gold is a gold with added copper.
Platinum and palladium are pretty tough metals and no one seems to have come in with reactions to these.
I would suggest taking it to your jewellers (where it was brought) and ask if they can clean it. Ours do it free for silver and gold and can be done in 5 minutes. Platinum and palladium too.
White gold we need to send off (it comes back looking lovely and sparkly!) this is at a charge though.
I’d suggest not wearing it while washing up, showering, using bleach or other chemicals.
I get an allergy from the back of a watch so I paint it with clear nail varnish and it works a treat. Not sure if you would want to or how you would do it neatly on a ring but cheaper than getting another.