UKbride’s Guide to the Perfect Hen Do4 April 2017
You’ve asked your best pals to do the honours of being bridesmaids and now comes the all important, often daunting task of organising a killer hen party. But never fear; I’ve crammed together a list of some of the hen do classics as well as some rising favourites to offer a helping hand.
1. Keep It Classy – If you don’t want to wake up with a killer hangover and sprawled in a hedge, keep it classy with a night of chocolate and wine tasting or alternatively opt for an afternoon tea. Just several ideas for brides who would rather keep and level of sophistication, not to mention their dignity.
2. Dress Up Photo Shoot – The ultimate girly-girl activity! What better way to start celebrations than to get dolled up in retro, vintage or themed costumes and have a professional snap some fabulous photos of you and your hen party. Not only is it heaps of fun but you will be left with a reminder of your celebrations that you can cherish forever.
3. Relaxing Spa Weekend – No hen do line-up is complete without the classic spa weekend. Organise a relaxing get away with the girls full of pampering, champagne and of course plenty of gossiping before your big day.
4. Murder Mystery – Who done it? Get yourself and the girls involved in an organised murder mystery night or alternatively host one yourself! This is an activity certain to provide lots of laughs as well as acting as a fab icebreaker if your bridal party are not all familiar with each other.
5. Active Activities – Thrill seeking brides may prefer to spend their hen do swinging from the treetops as appose to sipping on a mojito. Try activities such as zip lining, water zorbing, quad biking, tree top assault courses and shooting if you’re looking for an adrenaline rush.
6. Glamping – Glamping has seriously risen in popularity with bridal parties in recent years. If you want to spend some time in the great outdoors but don’t wish to part with your luxuries then this could be the perfect option for you; there won’t be a camp bed in sight. Spend your night in a tent, tipi or yurt, just to name a few accommodation options.
7. Get Your Groove On – Grab your dancing shoes and immerse yourself in the world of Moulin Rouge or learn how to bust out a raunchy rumba- there’s a style to suit all bridal parties and classes are available all over the country. You never know, it could even give you some ideas for your first dance.