Help please! I'm supposed to be getting married on the 10th April 2021. It's getting closer now and I have cut the guest list down to 30 people but I haven't postponed it yet. I don't know whether to postpone it or keep everything crossed that it can go ahead? What would everyone else do?
I am in the same boat! Our wedding is 16th April and we’re still being optimistic! X
24th and still going ahead
Mines the 05th April 2021 and honestly I’m on the verge of just rearranging to 2022. I just don’t know what to do, Iv already re-arranged from May this year and I’m just at a point know where I’m like what do we do.
Leave it as it is. Its a while off yet,and you have plenty of time to postpone if need be. Your supposed to look forward to your big day not worry about it. All the best xx
I’d ask for the availability for postponing as the longer you leave it the lesser available dates x
Our wedding is the 18th April 2021 and we are just playing it by ear and being optimistic that things may change between now and then 🙂
I’m the 10th I’m going ahead regardless but cutting back cost as much as I can if it can go ahead as normal x
We're getting married on the 26th January, we can't have a reception, but that's not important. The important thing is we get to be married x
29th April 2021 . Postponed from June this year . Still going ahead with the wedding just preparing to postpone the reception . Just want to get married now x
I get married the same day and I’m wondering whether to postpone or not x
Mine was July but I postponed it, I didn’t want the risk of restrictions and whilst it now looks like it will be ok it was also important to us to have the hen and stag parties that we wanted too which wouldn’t have been possible. We also didn’t want our honeymoon to be affected. Now we can look forward to the wedding, hen/stag and honeymoon!
It might seem like we jumped the gun but we wanted to make sure we could rebook our suppliers and should things improve they will have the chance of taking other bookings
Hi, Our original date was 17th April 2021 but we'd only booked the wedding in February this year so planning hasn't been very enjoyable at all although we'd managed to get a fair bit done.
We spoke to our venue and they've been amazing with lots of options such as holding a back up date to transfer to for us in 2022.
As time has crept on and the talks about the new lockdown started we really started to think we'd postpone. We'd talked about just having the little wedding with 15 and a big party later and all our options but still weren't sure. Prior to this lockdown coming into place we went for Sunday lunch at our venue and it was then that I looked around and saw roughly 15 people in there and thought "I can't do it". I'm from a big family and I want them there. As time crept on I was worried about dates not being available the following year either too because of all the postponing so I just did it.
I spoke to all my suppliers to check that they had the date we'd held free and luckily they all did. I actually cancelled the original date last because I needed to come to terms with it in my head and after a few days of crying I did. I feel so much better now and even though there's the vaccine, who knows how long it will take to roll out fully and for me that would still be too much uncertainty.
I will be gutted if the original day comes around and we could have had our day. We're planning to do something to commemorate it anyway. Ultimately though I'm relieved we've moved it and really looking forward to being able to finish the planning and feel excited rather than uncertain all the time. Also (added extra), the hair stylist I wanted wasn't available for my original date but is for the new one so I'm taking that as a tiny victory in what's been a sea of difficult decisions.
Sorry for the lengthy post, I just wanted to share my experience in full with you in the hope it might help a little. Xx
We went from 30th august 2020 to 1st May 2021 and made the decision yesterday to move to late august 2021
We are the 10th April as well and at the moment we are planning as normal. I’ve got lists and plans to cover anywhere between 15 & 60 guests. But all guests have had invites and if we do have to cut numbers I will send an update. We’re going to make a final number decision at the end of January x
We postponed ours from May this year to May next. Whatever happens we are going ahead. It's really put into perspective for us what's important, and that is to be husband and wife, not a big do.
We are 17 April 2021 and really considering moving to 2022. We originally moved from May 2020.
I’ve completely lost the spark and don’t want any COVID restriction hanging over our wedding day or to cut anyone from our number. It’s our special day and want all our friends and family to celebrate it with us. We are speaking to our venue early January so will make the final decision then. Xx
My friends changed theirs from Sept 2020 to May 2021, and now Sept 2021 to be safe x
It all depends what you want from the day.
I got married in August with 19 day and 30 evening guests and it was an amazing day.
We had to postponed from May 2020 and there was no way I was postponing again.
We are getting married in June 21. We have cut the guestlist should we need to but we not making any decisions until.nearer the time the most important thing is yhat we get married
I've postponed mine til May next year and we have 50 booked. I have confidence it will go ahead. Don't worry
Covid 19 has a lot to answer for however we are still all here worrying about when we can finally have that special day we have all planned for so long. As Jessica says it does put into perspective what's important and that's for us all to be husband & wife. We were due to marry back in May & since then I am now on date change number 7, I don't care what I can & cant do now the most important thing is I marry my best friend, this wedding has caused so much unwanted or unneeded stress I just want it over with now & its made me realise that as long as myself & my hubby to be are there I don't care about anything else. Leave your day as it is & see what happens, if the restrictions don't allow what you want then just pick another date, if its important you get married no matter what then go do it. Either way enjoy your day. Its been hard for us all, stressful, upsetting & damn right draining but one thing it will be is "Worth it" xx 💜
Ours is July, we can't decide what to do x
We are wedding twins! We have decided to stick to that date no matter what as we have already postponed once. But we have limits on what we are happy to accept and what we aren't - if it gets to February/March and it looks like we can't have a wedding we are happy with we will have a rethink then
I was in the same predicament I had to cancel mine in June and we moved it to end of October and cut it down to 30 then it changed to 15 and we still went ahead and it was the most amazing wedding day regardless... we wouldn’t have changed any of it... the end result was to get married and we achieved that and even had our children, parents and siblings witness it... yes there were people we wished were there and people we upset however I’m so glad we did it!! Just wanted to give you my perception of how it was and may be for you x
We postpone as we wanted the day we planned with the guests we planned for. September 11th now
I postponed from May this year to April next year, and have now moved to April 22. Feel so much better for doing it. We want a big wedding so hopeful 22 will be more optimistic with large gatherings allowed
We rearranged from our origional date of 20.06.20 to 10.04.21 we are going ahead no matter what this time
We are booked for 24th april.already postponed once.really dont want to have to do it again so fingers crossed it can happen
Mine was supposed to be 4th April 2021 we have postponed till September 2021. My fiances family is too big to just have 30 people 😔 xx
we were due to get married 1st April 2021 and decided as we'd been planning it for a couple of years whilst saving that it didn't matter if we waited a little longer. so we're postponing until September and hoping we can go ahead without restrictions then.
We are due to get married in Feb and we have decided to split the day after the number went down to 15.
We are going to be legally married on our original date, we decided that was too long to wait to become husband and wife if we fully postponed the day - we are calling this our Marriage day. Our venue have been great as they have let us do this without a hitch.
We will be having the Wedding day a year later, including vowel renewal. So family and friends can share in the day and have what we originally planned.
I know it is so disheartening at the moment but there will be an option that works best for you.
I'm getting married 01-05-21 and am hoping to have 50 day guests, moved it from 03-04-2021 due to restrictions. I'm hoping with a vaccine coming out I won't have to move mine again. But if we have to cut numbers again we are just going to get married. Fed up waiting now been 2 years planning it.
Keep for then. Remember it your day not other people and as long as the main people in your life are there what dose it matter if your cousin u only see at xmas is there or someone from work.
I spoke to my venue in regards to our vow renewal April 17th 2021 and this is what they have said..
We are the 6th April after postponing it twice already. We are telling everyone our new date, but it will depend on what the restrictions are closer to the time, they might not get invited. We have planned a list of 15, 30 and then everyone depending on what we are allowed. We are not moving the date again as we just want to be a married couple. If we can only have 15 people, we are thinking of having our reception at a later date.
We're due to get married 15th April after postponing this year and we're going to go ahead now whatever. We can always have a big party another time and another excuse to wear the dress again!!!
I have just been on an online meeting with the UK wedding industry task force and they are confident for wedding with 30 for April. Maybe you could check with your supplies to provisionally hold another future date just incase, that is what alot of our brides have done. I hope that helps x