I was due to get married in October this year but ended up postponing to next October for peace of mind and changed all of the dates for my suppliers back in June successfully. My reception catering has now backed out and I don't know where to start with booking something else whilst there is still so much uncertainty on guest numbers and also with the prospect of most suppliers being booked up with postponements over the Summer. What do you all suggest? Thanks!
You can book some now and let them know you can confirm numbers closer to august next year at least then you will know you have someone ready, usually around 4 weeks before they ask for full confirmation of numbers incase anything’s changed
I would book someone with the original numbers saying that this will be as it stands but should rules change l can confirm exact numbers nearer the time
Give a number lower than expected then add more on later if needed.
We had a fish n chip truck for our evening catering it went down a storm was easy to book online no hassle at all with amending guest numbers closer to the day x
We had a pig roast and nice desserts most of which we bought from Costco or my family and I made.
I feel for you, preparing a wedding with such uncertainty Maybe just start looking at smaller companies ... local caters ... who may need the boost of a wedding booking, give them both sets of numbers ... under restrictions and if restrictions are lifted
A small local business maybe able to dedicate time to your needs, possibly because they aren’t overwhelmed with work. If not luck then start looking at bigger companies .... you have plenty of time and the perfect fit will be found xxxx
I would suggest waiting it out a bit longer as availability will come up. We were April 2020, august 2020 and now April 2021. I know lots of brides already have moved to 2022 so there will still be lots of caterers free. Good luck!
I would contact company's and explain the situation, they will be fully aware anyway but tell them the numbers for the original amount and tell them that these depend on the local/national restrictions at the time
I hate to say, but friends and family. I had a boss that together we did events for a living; the whole nine yards. On her daughter's wedding, she didn't want to have to do it, but the caterer failed to deliver. At the last moment, she came up with a plan; frozen lasagnas and fresh greens for salad. Maybe not the most original idea, but in a rustic setting with a wood pizza oven, it worked. Similar thing happened to me; florist 'forgot', so since I knew how to do flowers, I bought up everything my colour and did them myself. My point is, under these circumstances, you might want to think smaller and closer to home.That or befriend a restaurant/pub you already use.
Our wedding was booked for July 2021 but after discussion we decided to change it to July 2022, these are such uncertain times, it's upsetting. Maybe as somebody else pointed out wait a little longer? Hope you get sorted x