UKbride Member Request 8 May 2019

Giving notice of marriage in a different area

What is the purpose of giving notice? And can your notice be rejected if someone opposes it? Is it possible to give notice of our intention to marry at a different registry office? I read that it may be possible to register in a different area, if you have lived there for atleast 7 days. If that's true, how do you prove you have lived somewhere for 7 days, does it involve changing your details through the electoral role?



Before we add your comment, please: log in to an existing UKbride account or join UKbride
Why Join?