FREE Wedding Table Planner

+ FREE Wedding Budget Planner and more wedding planning tools

Join now free to use

Wedding Forum - Hen Do / Bridesmaid Drama...

Not signed in (Sign In)

UKbride Supermarket

* Discount available to Power Users only. Terms and conditions apply. more

• Itsjustkay86
      CommentAuthorItsjustkay86
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

I have four Bridesmaids and a Maid of honour at my wedding and my MOH is planning my hen do. I hate clubbing and drunk strangers so I didn't want a huge thing. One of my friends suggested an air bnb house and just having good food, good company and a little tipple. One of my bridesmaids cant come which is fine because she told me well in advance, which I don't mind. One of my bridesmaids however, who is my cousin, has made no effort since being asked to be my bridesmaid. She wont go to the dress shop to try on the bridesmaid dress to let me know which size she needs and has told me she intends on losing loads of weight so cant even guess her size. She hasn't once asked how the plans are going and if i mention plans to her she brushes me off and tells me i'm too far ahead (i get married in less than a year). My MOH has been trying to get confirmations from those attending so she can book something and my bridesmaid just responded with a snarky comment about how many were going to be in the one house (which is why my MOH wanted confirmed numbers to see if we needed a bigger house) my MOH today directly asked her in our group chat if she was coming as she didnt confirm and shes just read the message and not replied. I feel like its going to come to blows as she just doesnt seem interested in being my bridesmaid but im SO done running round after her like ive done my whole life. Any advance on how I can approach this without ruining anything?
    • Kay22
      CommentAuthorKay22
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Maybe meet with your cousin and tell her the issues you have face to face. Just explain you feel she hasn't been therefor you and if its too much for her she can just be a guest at the wedding. Say you need to know if she's coming to the hen do or not by such a date because you are booking it.

Hope this helps!

UKbride's £25,000 Wedding Competition Prize Partners

Enter Now