FREE Wedding Table Planner

+ FREE Wedding Budget Planner and more wedding planning tools

Join now free to use

Wedding Forum - Official 2019 thread...

Not signed in (Sign In)
    • InDreamland
      CommentAuthorInDreamland
      Ticker backgroundIs poweruserJust marriedBadgeBadgeTicker foreground

A few 2019 brides are joining now so starting this official thread.

2019 brides please pop your general wedding planning posts here only. All other 2019 threads opened will be closed.

Happy planning x

Members signature icon
    Married the love of my life on Saturday 11th May 2013 xxx
    Had our dream perfect honeymoon in Hawaii!

• CommentAuthorRachelM708
      BadgeBadge

Evening all. I'm marrying the love of my life on the 16th march 2019. I have already booked and starting to pay for the venue, got my wedding dress and most of the accessories. Looked at and booked transport ( horse and carriage ) sorted out colour schemes etc. Has any other 2019 brides started planning etc and have come across friends and family saying that your planning and paying for everything to early as I've had loads of people saying to me that I have done things to early and that the wedding is over 2yrs away. Even though this is second time around for me and h2b's first and hopefully only marriage I want everything to be perfect instead of a quickly arranged registry office and boozer afterwards ( like my first no offence to those that are having that type of wedding.) I've also had people say to me that it's wrong to have a female friend walk me down the aisle and that it should be one of my sons. The reason my sons are not is because they argued about it so my sons have agreed it should be my best friend who is like a sister to me has that honour. So they are walking the bridesmaids down the aisle.
    • CommentAuthorMariaP483
      BadgeBadge
      edited

Hi Rachel
    Nope I dont think you are planning and booking too early. Im planning to get wed in 2020 and although I havent booked anything, I am definitly shopping around and making shortlists, I have even started making a playlist for the reception. There are no rules on how YOU plan YOUR wedding. You want to make sure you get the wedding you want, and booking early will gaurantee that.
    Keep us posted on your progress, will be interesting to find out how quickly and stress free you'll get things done :-D
      BadgeBadge

Hi Maria
    I've found planning early really easy and being able to spread the cost helpful. Luckily the venue price is good value considering I'm getting the honeymoon suite and 2 extra guest rooms, dj, flower centre pieces, chair covers etc all included in the price so all need to do now is get dresses etc for bridesmaid and my moh who's walking me down the aisle, groom and groomsmen outfits. Wedding favours are sorted as they are ferro Roche turned into golden snitches as we are having a Harry Potter themed wedding. I've done my own postbox with owl on top and have made a sorting hat, goblet and signpost for the top table and the signpost is for directing guests to the great hall ( wedding room ) hogsmead (bar) and hagrids hut ( outside where there is a seating area like a hut) . The venue is lending us lanterns to use. I have used a spreadsheet for keeping track of costs etc and amount saved each month. I should have main things paid for at least 9months before the wedding. Doing everything months in advance is helping keep my stress level down.
    • CommentAuthorMariaP483
      BadgeBadge
      edited

Wow that's amazing, well done you :-) Where did you find a place that includes chair covers and saches? Everywhere iv looked so far don't include them :-$
      BadgeBadge

Hi Maria luckily enough I knew where I wanted to get married and the hotel does package deals for weddings and we opted for the golden package which included a lot of things like chair covers, sashs and table planner and menus. But it was dearer than other hotels around it was a good deal for me lol and I'm able to pay instalments which was great. You can always ask venues if they use any events planners. Being in north Hampshire we have a company called 3v3nts 4 u that supply's a lot of hotels where we are. :-)
    • NadiaH5
      CommentAuthorNadiaH5
      edited

Hello 2019 brides. How's everyone's planning going? We've booked our venue for 15/06/2019 and actually booked last May so getting excited that it's nearly in 'normal wedding planning' range! I've started DIY'ing! At least I have plenty of time to get crafty
      BadgeBadge

Hi Nadia, my wedding plans are all done now all I have to do nearer the time is bridesmaids dresses and accessories and the suits for the groom and groomsmen. I've also been lucky with a lot of things like transport and cake as they have been booked and I've not had to pay deposits due to planning in advance and I've requested that the companies I've booked with the actually write it in their diaries etc in pen and not pencil that way it can't be erased out and I've had booking confirmation from them. The venue has been brilliant that I've been paying in instalments since July last year so that the venue will be paid off come September next year a good 6months before the wedding date. The only thing I can't do at the moment until March next year is the booking the register as I can only book that a year in advance. Planning so far in advance has been quiet easy and hopefully I won't be so stressed nearer the time.
    • Glitterfairy
      CommentAuthorGlitterfairy

Bump

Members signature icon
    Our wedding day - 6 October 2012

• Emily17
      CommentAuthorEmily17

Gutted no future brides joining!!!!

Members signature icon
    Met in 2009
    He proposed Jan 2014
    Will become Mrs P 7th October 2017
    • Emily17
      CommentAuthorEmily17

Such a helpful tool going to waste xxxxx

Members signature icon
    Met in 2009
    He proposed Jan 2014
    Will become Mrs P 7th October 2017
    • VikkiC78
      CommentAuthorVikkiC78
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hi im pretty new to this site and still trying to work my way round it. Im getting married in may 2019 :D

• ChealsieR38
      CommentAuthorChealsieR38
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Getting married 5th may 2019
    Hello to all the 2019 brides to be
    • VikkiC78
      CommentAuthorVikkiC78
      Just marriedBadgeBadge
      edited

Hi Chealsie, Im getting married on 3rd may 19. How are you getting on with planning? I feel like i should have done more than i have

• GeorginaD78
      CommentAuthorGeorginaD78

Heyyy. I'm so excited, today I booked my wedding and registrar for 2019. We are not telling people until after Christmas but after a almost 3 year engagement with no wedding action (we were supposed to get married this year) I'm so excited to finally have it booked. Happy planning all ☺ x
    • FrancescaH76
      CommentAuthorFrancescaH76
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hi everyone recently joined back on here was going to be 2018 bride but we then found out after our chosen venue has been revamped it will cost twice the price so sadly decided to keep looking wich must of been fate as we found somewhere absolutely perfect within our budget but so it's not all rushed we chose to change the date to 13/04/2019

Members signature icon
    After all this time ALWAYS xx

• VikkiC78
      CommentAuthorVikkiC78
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hi, I feel im so behind on planning. We have a budget and have booked the venue. That is it. We get married in may 2019 how much has everyone else planned and booked?

• InDreamland
      CommentAuthorInDreamland

Don't worry Vikki. You have plenty of time.

When i got engaged it was mid January 2012. We booked the church in February and reception venue in March. We got married May 2013.

Members signature icon
    Married the love of my life on Saturday 11th May 2013 xxx
    Had our dream perfect honeymoon in Hawaii!

• Melon
      CommentAuthorMelon
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hi everyone. Congratulations to you all!
    We are getting married on 28/06/19. Xx
    • GeorgeP35
      CommentAuthorGeorgeP35
      Just marriedBadgeBadge
      edited

POST DELETED FOR BREAKING FORUM RULES. LINKS AND ADVERTISING ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE FORUM. Mods
    • Shawneen
      CommentAuthorShawneen
      BadgeBadge

Hi everyone and congratulations!!

I got engaged to my partner during the Christmas period last year.
    We are currently planning our Wedding for September 21st 2019. I am currently making appointments to try on bridal gowns and talking about what colour scheme to go for, etc.
    • Sillymoo
      CommentAuthorSillymoo
      Just marriedBadgeBadge
      edited

August 2019 here!

We've been together since May 2009 and h2b proposed January 2010.

We're now in the position to start planning our wedding and thought it would be nice to do it for our 10 year anniversary :)

We haven't set an exact date yet but we've been discussing it this weekend.

We're in our mid 40's and both been married before, and are happy to have a registry office ceremony.

Hope all your planning is going well.
    • AnnieD38
      CommentAuthorAnnieD38
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Morning!!

I get married 7th September 2019!
    CANT WAIT!!!!!

We got engaged in December just gone... i have already booked the hotel, booked the church, sorted a photographer (family friend) and paid despoit for my hair and make up (important stuff first obvs)

Been to see a florist the other week, I am having artificial flowers (so i can keep them) she is going to do some mock up's of boquets for me to go back in and look at. My sister in law went to the same shop so I know they are good!

Not been to try dresses on yet as i really want to loose weight first, suppose i have a while but dying to try some on!!

Annie x
    • AlyssiaR
      CommentAuthorAlyssiaR
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hi everyone!

I'm getting married late 2019! We haven't chosen a date yet but we know it's going to be late Autumn.
    I thought I was really early trying on dresses this past week but the shop consultants all said they prefer it when brides come in at least a year before their wedding to buy their dress! They made me feel like a princess :)
    We've been to look at some venues too. There's so much to do!

Alyssia :)
    • Sillymoo
      CommentAuthorSillymoo
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

How's everyone's planning coming on?

We've visited 3 venue's so far.

I think we've decided on one and we've decided to go for a Friday as cheaper than Saturday!

Initially we were thinking registry office but now considering having the ceremony at the venue too.

I'm saving my half of the budget but H2B has got his already, he got a nice bonus at Christmas.

Nothing booked yet!
    • Sillymoo
      CommentAuthorSillymoo
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

We're going for a second viewing of one of the venue's in a couple of weeks, we've requested a different person to the one we saw last time as we just wasn't happy with her.

I think we'll also be in the position to decide on a date at the second viewing.

We've started buying bits and bobs that we can put away, not coming out of the budget so that we can spend more on the ceremony & venue.

I haven't decided what kind of dress I want, I think that's the next thing I want to get sorted.

How's everyone else doing?
    • Sarah
      CommentAuthorSarah
      Just marriedBadgeBadge
      edited

Getting married the 28th August 2019 to the man of my dreams he has seen me through very tough times and is an amazing father to our kids,I have already booked the register and paid it full booked the venue and paid half of that ,venue has included 3 course meal and buffet for evening with dj we was lucky got a great deal. It's so nice to see other brides getting things done early like a few said it's about spreading cost etc,i don't know about you guys but I've had comments from my sister saying I'm stupid and have got plenty of time I feel she just doesn't understand lol .thank you for the mini rant and congratulations to everyone xx
    • MrsK2b
      CommentAuthorMrsK2b
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hi everyone, I get married to my bestie on 5th September 2019 and we have pretty much booked everything now apart from our honeymoon..still stuck on where to go! Where are you all going? Xx
    • Sarah
      CommentAuthorSarah
      Just marriedBadgeBadge
      edited

We are going back to Rome ,it's romantic ,cultural ,food is increadable we can not wait to return x,congratulations
    • GeorginaD78
      CommentAuthorGeorginaD78

Hey all

I'm so excited. I get married 26th July 2019 and booked my photographer last night. I can't wait for my big day
    • Sillymoo
      CommentAuthorSillymoo
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hi

Still no date for us! Hoping to sort that out in the next week or two :)
    • Sillymoo
      CommentAuthorSillymoo
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Still not booked a date anywhere!

But I do have a dress, an ankle length tea dress in white.

I'm currently looking for some blue shoes which is proving more difficult than expected! I don't want navy or bright blue, I think something in between powder blue and mid blue is what I'm after, also looking at white shoes in case I can't find any blue ones.

How's everyone else getting on?
    • Sarah
      CommentAuthorSarah
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hi Sillymoo have you tried Amazon and places like that I found loads of stuff on there ,
    We just put deposit down on cake so excited gonna be so yummy and got a great deal ,booking honeymoon this month looking forward going back to Rome love it there .any luck on a date yet xxx congratulations to you all again x
    • Sillymoo
      CommentAuthorSillymoo
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hi Sarah

Thanks for the info, yes I've found a couple on @m@zon. The ones I've seen are a bit too pointy! No pleasing some people is there!?

I think we've decided on the venue we went to last night, the lady that met us was so warm and welcoming, and that counts for a lot as some people we've met along the way haven't seemed that welcoming or helpful.

We've short listed 6 dates, the venue from last night can do 5 of them, so I think the next thing to do is contact the registry office to see what dates are available.

We haven't booked anything but have lots of quotes to go back to for various bits and pieces.

Happy planning everyone x
    • Sillymoo
      CommentAuthorSillymoo
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Woohoo!

We've finally got a date :)

24th May 2019.

I phoned the registry office this morning and booked and paid the deposit. Phoned our reception venue and booked that too.

I'm so excited!
    • Sarah
      CommentAuthorSarah
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Yeah so pleased for you hun congratulations xxx

Now you can get planning x
    • Kimmie89
      CommentAuthorKimmie89
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hi all!

Signed up just this morning, really starting to get into the swing of organising! We're getting married on 19th September 2019, and have booked our venue and registrar. Bridesmaids and Groomsmen sorted and we think we've chosen our colour scheme!

I know we're getting married in 13 months but I feel overwhelmed by all the things we now need to start thinking of (we only confirmed out venue last week). I thought I'd have a little bit more time before really booking things! I'm scrolling through Pinterest and Instagram like a crazy lady haha.

Super excited though :)
    • CherishH
      CommentAuthorCherishH

Hi everyone o have just joined me and my partner are getting married on 08 August 2019 I having even been dress shopping yet as I'm having a rock themed wedding and really struggling to find a black and white one! So difficult
    • LouiseR120
      CommentAuthorLouiseR120

Hi all!

We're meeting the Vicar next Saturday to confirm our date but we're looking for 19th October 2019! I'm going dress shopping on Saturday, our venue is sorted (and flexible because it's ours!) Most of our wedding will be DIY, I have quotes back from suppliers for transport, catering and photography and we have a band on standby ready to confirm the date!

We're sending out our Save the date cards with our Christmas cards and it's going to be a complete surprise for most people!

Roll on 25th August so I can finally get the date confirmed and the ball rolling! xx

• Sillymoo
      CommentAuthorSillymoo
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Ah congratulations guys :)

H2B has his outfit sorted, just needs to get a new shirt and tie. I've got my dress, I just need shoes but it would appear that I am way more fussy than I thought I was!

We both put deposits on rings this weekend.

We need to talk to the reception venue but the chap is on holiday now until beginning of September, gives us a chance to get a list of questions together.

Slowly coming together :)
    • Sillymoo
      CommentAuthorSillymoo
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

H2B'S has got his outfit sorted, just waiting on his shoes to be delivered.

I went for a pair of white and silver Rooby shoes in the end :) I need something for my hair and then that's me sorted, I just don't know how I want my hair to be!

We picked up our rings this weekend. They are completely different and don't match each other, but what each of us wanted and we both love them :)

Thinking about our invitations next, ideally I want to get them sent out in November, that will be 6 months to go.

Going to be speaking to our photographer and cake lady next month.

I think we're on track, how about you guys?
    • LouiseR120
      CommentAuthorLouiseR120

Sillymoo, you seem so organised!

We have our date confirmed with the Vicar! 19th October 2019! 416 days!

I've been dress shopping and I think I've found the one but I want to try on some more just in case. However I keep being drawn back to the one I decided on. Bridesmaids have tried on dresses and we've pretty much decided on those and will be ordering them in the next couple of weeks.

Have ordered our save the dates - they're not going out until Christmas though! But I want to have everything ready and prepared!

My H2B run's an entertainment agency so he's sorting photographer, caterer, band and entertainment. Cake is pretty much sorted, we're having a 'cheese' cake and then I'll be making some cupcakes the day before.

I have quotes from transport suppliers, we just need to put the deposit down once we have decided what time we want to get married!

And last night we put our deposit down on our honeymoon!!! It's not until 2020 but for us it's a once in a lifetime thing. xxx

• Sillymoo
      CommentAuthorSillymoo
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

How's everyone getting on?

We have our appointment to give notice on 26th October, we're both excited about it :)

We've got the sample invite ready and will be ordering this weekend.

Had a chat with the cake lady and photographer, both of whom I work with. Discussed flavours of cake and shown pictures of what we have in mind. Looked at lots of other wedding photos that he's done to know that I'm happy having him do it, and I know he'll get the posed shots we want and relaxed ones too.

We'll be discussing menu this weekend.

What we are struggling with is timings on the day. At the moment the only thing set is the time of the ceremony, 2pm. As it's a register office wedding we expect to get married and have a few photos and be at the rugby club by 3pm, not sure what should happen next or what time it should happen. Any ideas greatfully received.
    • Sillymoo
      CommentAuthorSillymoo
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hey! How are all this years brides to be getting on?

This weekend just gone I started making my bouquet, very please so far :)

We've got an appointment with our reception venue this week to go through menu ideas and table plans. We need to finalise our ceremony details, we should be able to submit this online but we'll see!

Last minute, but we've decided we need transport do that's this weeks job!

Catch you all soon :)
    • LouiseR120
      CommentAuthorLouiseR120

Hi Sillymoo,

How are you getting on?

H2B still has suits for him and groomsmen to sort, I have my dress! Took it home the same day too! And I cried... twice. So it's definitely the one.

We have finalised our invite details so will be working on getting them printed in the next week or so.

Transport all booked, just need to work on our timings.

We've got a 1pm ceremony, guessing approx 45minutes for that (in a church), 45 minutes to an hour for photos, return to reception at 3.15/3.30, welcome drinks until 4.45, dinner starts at 5pm, evening guests from 8pm

I can't seem to think of much else left to do...

Rings, no rush for these, Suits probably end of August. And other than music we are good to go! :)

• KathrynW77
      CommentAuthorKathrynW77
      Just marriedBadgeBadge
      edited

I'm getting married on the 26th May 2019. We are starting to arrange the little details now which is making it feel more real! I've been looking for a photo sharing idea and came across Wedbox which looks pretty impressive and is free to use and easy to invite guests...any brides after a photo sharing app then I would recommend having a look at this app LINK REMOVED

UKbride's £25,000 Wedding Competition Prize Partners

Enter Now