FREE Wedding Table Planner

+ FREE Wedding Budget Planner and more wedding planning tools

Join now free to use

Wedding Forum - Skin Care advice wanted....

Not signed in (Sign In)

UKbride Supermarket

* Discount available to Power Users only. Terms and conditions apply. more

• *The NewMrsMalin*
      CommentAuthor*The NewMrsMalin*
      Ticker backgroundIs poweruserJust marriedBadgeBadgeTicker foreground

Hi ladies;
    My make up trial went really well this morning but I was told that my skin was a little dry. I have sensitive skin and I'm prone to flare ups so always been wearing about putting anything on my face other then a mild steroid cream.

I was told that I need to ex foliate once a week and moisturise everyday so can any of you lovely brides recommend good moisturisers or foliating products for sensitive skin?

Please post links to my wall :)

Members signature icon
    Met in 2009
    Got together on12th May 2011, proposed on the 12th May 2013
    When you get knocked down; smile and pick yourself up again!
    Fight for what you believe in!
    • MrsHartley2b
      CommentAuthorMrsHartley2b
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hey mrsmalin2b, I have really bad eczema on my face. I use ground oatmeal. 1 tablespoon of oatmeal, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and mix with either a teaspoon of water or a teaspoon of olive oil. I use the olive oil mix around every 6 weeks and the water mix every week.

Hope this helps x

Soon to be Mrs Hartley 8th August 2015!
    officially got together 15th January 2012
    had our daughter June 2013
    engaged June 2014
    • InDreamland
      CommentAuthorInDreamland

Hun, I'm the same, very sensitive and dry skin as I have bad eczema.

Be careful about exfoliating as that can irritate sensitive skin and make it worse, if you will exfoliate then you need to use something that's gentle. I use C1@r1n5 products on my face - exfoliator (gentle refining one with microbeads) and only use their sensitive day and night moisturisers. A good face oil from them is either the s@nt@1 oil or the blu3 orch1d oil. They also do a lovely sk1n b3@uty r3p@1r s3rum. Don't exfoliate more than once per week. I find clay masks tend to be the best for not irritating my skin and help moisturise it too - the only exception to my C1@r1n5 only regime is Th3 5@nctu@ry clay mask.

Members signature icon
    Married the love of my life on Saturday 11th May 2013 xxx
    Had our dream perfect honeymoon in Hawaii!

• TanyaS78
      CommentAuthorTanyaS78
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

I also have quite dry skin and my face flares up a little too. I popped into d3b3nh4m5 and was recommended cl1n1qu3 products. I use the 3 step cleansing programme (liquid soap, liquid exfoliator and moisturiser). Its made a big difference to my skin. I use it twice a day, once in the morning and again before bed. Ive noticed a big difference, and the girls at work have noticed too! My skin feels and looks much better. And you only have to use a pea sized amount of moisturiser too. I would definately recommend cl1n1qu3
    • InDreamland
      CommentAuthorInDreamland

c1!n!qu3 skin care irritates my skin but I do like their makeup.

Members signature icon

• leasa
      CommentAuthorleasa
      Just marriedBadgeBadge
      edited

I'm having a flare up right now, and there isn't a single product out there (even on prescription) that I can use once I've flared.

The c1!n!qu3 stuff is ok when I'm not flaring, and I use a moisturising s!mpl3 face wash.

I find washing my face more than once a day makes my skin too dry, but I'm also prone to oiliness and spots.

I think it's more hormonal and stress related, but diet affects my skin too, and products irritate me more once it's flaring. The oatmeal suggestion is good, but nothing seems to calm my skin once flared. Hope you find your solution x

Members signature icon
    Met 30th May 2005
    Proposed in Monte Carlo August 25th 2013
    Became Mrs K on 30th May 2015
    Married my Gorgeous Greek God
    • MrsHartley2b
      CommentAuthorMrsHartley2b
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Leasa- ive always been the same. Once I flare up nothing works. Im ill at the moment so my skin is red raw, pealing and feels like ive poured acid on it. And thats just my face! The oatmeal actually calms the burning down.

Soon to be Mrs Hartley 8th August 2015!
    officially got together 15th January 2012
    had our daughter June 2013
    engaged June 2014
    • TanyaS78
      CommentAuthorTanyaS78
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Its strange what effect skin products have on different people. My skin got worse with s1mpl3 face wash.

I hope you do find something that suits you MrsMalin2b. It might be a case of trial and error
    • leasa
      CommentAuthorleasa
      Just marriedBadgeBadge
      edited

I can't use s!mpl3 moisturisers, just the face wash.
    The trouble with recommendations is everyone reacts differently to products, and our "triggers and cures" will vary.

Members signature icon
    Met 30th May 2005
    • VictoriaL46
      CommentAuthorVictoriaL46
      edited

Like MrsHartley2b I have eczema on my face and especially above my upper lip which gets red and cracked very easily. Since I was 16 I made it my mission that I was not going to be stuck on just Diprobase etc.

Recently I have got it all down to a fine art (for me that is) I make homemade oat poultices (regular porridge oats in a muslin cloth) which I soak while in the shower and then gently rub on my face, enough to remove the dry skin but not enough to cause redness. I then use Origins Mega Mushroom Cleanser. I VERY lightly pat my face dry and then I use the tiniest tap of steriod ointment (Eumovate) in the crease either side of my nose and my upper lip. My GP relented that nothing else worked to prevent flare up so I am allowed to long term use steroid creams as long as I attend regular appointments to monitor. I then apply L'Oreal Revitalift double lifting cream which seems to really work as a moisturiser for me on my face :) and leave it all to sink in for a few minutes. Sometimes I have no choice but to apply some diprobase during a flare up.

Now the big thing. It's taken me years to find the perfect foundation for me. I've discovered I need an oil based foundation with a thick-ish consistency and Origins Plantscription with SPF and applied using a foundation brush feels wonderful, it doesn't get clogged in any dry cracks in my skin and it doesn't irritate my eczema in the slightest.

However saying all that, everyones skin reacts differently.

Members signature icon
    Met in Nov 2005
    Engaged 13th June 2013
    Becomes Mrs Stewart on 10th Aug 2015 Honeymoon in Florida!
    My Diary Thread: My Alice in Wonderland Wedding Diary
    • *The NewMrsMalin*

Thank you ladies; I will definitely be looking into some of the products suggested. My face feels soft and smooth at the moment but has a tendency to become dry so will be looking into products now and trying them out :)

Members signature icon
    Met in 2009
    • Velcro
      CommentAuthorVelcro

simple ruins my skin as well! the only moisturiser ive found that doesnt bring me out in more spots is a garnier one, youthful radiance i think it is called. I tried another garnier one though and my skin hated that too

got some lettuce related facemask from lush yesterday, that made my skin feel nice too!

Members signature icon

Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey
    *Kelbel* is my wedding twinny!
    • CommentAuthorMidgetGem89
      BadgeBadge

i use nivea its in a darkish blue bottle i use it all over
    i hve bsd eczma and this doesnt affect it badly in any way.. my friend id doing mskeup and dhe suggeted it im glad she did :-)
    • *The NewMrsMalin*

Has anyone used the 's**ple* range? I use their make up wipes which are fine on my skin but haven't used any of their other products?

Members signature icon
    Met in 2009
    • leasa
      CommentAuthorleasa
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

I use the moisturising face wash, but can't get on with the creams from s!mpl3.

Lenny I don't know how you can use n!v3a, it burns me, literally causes a rash that blisters and bleeds, I even break out if someone wearing it gets too close to me! But maybe that's because it's citrus based and that seems to be a major trigger of mine.

Members signature icon
    Met 30th May 2005
    • *The NewMrsMalin*

Yeah I think I will get some and do a patch test first. Yeah my skin doesn't get on with me either Leasa; just makes my skin turn bright red and stings like crazy so I avoid it like the plague; same with E45 :S

Members signature icon
    Met in 2009
    • AprilS61
      CommentAuthorAprilS61

I Have the nive@ one but the white tub. It seems to be more water asked which i assume is a bit better? I'm not as clued up with the products but I luckily dont really have any issues. I do occasionally get dry skin and my face will sting but I stop using my face wash. Think that's witch x

Members signature icon
    Mr & Mrs Swan 04/04/15

• InDreamland
      CommentAuthorInDreamland

I find when I have a flare up that taking antihistamine plus ibuprofen helps as it will tackle whatever I'm allergic to that caused the flare up as well as the inflammation.

Members signature icon

• *The NewMrsMalin*

I use antihistamines and hydrocortsone if my skin flares up :) April; unfortunately I am allergic to most Nive@ products :(

Members signature icon
    Met in 2009
    • InDreamland
      CommentAuthorInDreamland

N1v3@ is really bad for my skin too, feels like I've rubbed acid or bleach in my skin.

I use betnovate cream because hydrocortisone isn't strong enough.

Members signature icon

• Velcro
      CommentAuthorVelcro

simple has that affect on me, its weird what works for one is like an acid bath to another lol!

Members signature icon

Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey
    *Kelbel* is my wedding twinny!
    • *The NewMrsMalin*

Yeah IDL I use Betnovate as well but I use hydrocortisone on my face :)

Members signature icon
    Met in 2009
    • TanyaS78
      CommentAuthorTanyaS78
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

I used to use hydrocortisone a lot when i was younger as my skin was pretty bad from the age of 11/12. However, i dont know whether my skin just got used to it but i gave it up about 6 years ago because it wasnt making any difference.
    • VickiD69
      CommentAuthorVickiD69
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

I havent got excema or any skin problems as such, however when I have had even 1 cider, or feeling emotional (not a good start) my face just goes bright red for hours, sometimes even for days. It happened my prom night, 2 hours before we left I just went red faced and it lasted for days. People were being helpful lending out foundations and powder for me to try but I just couldnt seem to get it to go away :/ I never wear make-up other than eyeliner and mascara so if ANYONE could help me on this subject please help me? I can ask my make-up artist to do it that way then :/ That is what i am dreading most about the wedding :(
    • ChristinaB38
      CommentAuthorChristinaB38

i have sensitive skin with eczema and hormonal spotty outbreaks - i now use L13 3arl3 and haven't looked back, really nice products all natural products. If you go into a 8oots or J0hn L3wi5 they are very thorough and see what is best for your skin x

• WelshBrideBethan2015
      CommentAuthorWelshBrideBethan2015

I have been on a health kick recently and can suffer from dry skin one thing I noticed was cutting salt out of diet and drinking more water helped my skin and found less dry patches. Also I have been steaming face (not sure what it actually called lol) and exfoliating afterwards and found this has helped a lot so much so people have actually mentioned how good my skin looks which made me think what on earth it looked like before lol

Members signature icon
    Somehow always connected , finally became friends .
    Friends became soul mates :)
    Engaged 6th July 2013
    <3 <3 Married my best friend 11/7/2015 <3 <3
    • JaneJ84
      CommentAuthorJaneJ84

Hi,
    i used to work for a skin care brand called L'0CC1T@N3. They have a range which speacilises in sensitive skin called the shea butter range. They just use natural ingredients and doctors recommend the range to those whole have skin conditions or any dryness. A user of the range myself, i couldnt think of a cream better than the shea butter ultra rich.
    Go in store and ask for a skin consultation and im sure they will help you!
    good luck!!

UKbride's £25,000 Wedding Competition Prize Partners

Enter Now