FREE Wedding Table Planner

+ FREE Wedding Budget Planner and more wedding planning tools

Join now free to use

Wedding Forum - How much are you spending on honeymoon?...

Not signed in (Sign In)

UKbride Supermarket

* Discount available to Power Users only. Terms and conditions apply. more

• ShannonK05
      CommentAuthorShannonK05
      Ticker backgroundIs poweruserJust marriedBadgeBadgeTicker foreground

Hi everyone, H2b and I spent all day yesterday looking up honeymoons and to be honest it's just left me feeling on a bit of a downer. We definitely don't want to stay in Europe, but we don't want the usual Dom Rep/Mexico/whatever that most people do. I'm quite well travelled and therefore want something that's unusual and different to other places I've been. Our dream really is an African safari in Kenya but after our search yesterday it's definitely not possible at £3000 each :( so I'm just wondering ladies, where are you all going and how much money are you splashing on it? Really our maximum budget is £1500 each and even then that's stretching it!! Thanks :) xx

Members signature icon

• ShannonK05
      CommentAuthorShannonK05

Oh, and Happy Easter everyone!!! :)

Members signature icon

• MrsBull2B
      CommentAuthorMrsBull2B
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Same as us, we are looking at cuba as a strong possibility, have you thought about thailand etc. Ours really all depends on what we get for wedding presents, we are asking for travel vouchers as we already live together Happy Easter! x

Members signature icon
    Met 5th Sept 2005
    Got together 10th May 2011
    Got Engaged 14th Feb 2012
    Getting Married 13th June 2015
    • ShannonK05
      CommentAuthorShannonK05

Yeah we've thought about Cuba too, it does look so beautiful! Thailand's also a possibility but it's just finding the right deal I guess :) we can't decide if we want to live in complete luxury for a couple of weeks or if we want to stay in not-so-nice hotels and travel around a bit like true travellers. I'm some ways I'd love to do that but in other ways I just want to relax on my honeymoon! That's a really good idea Mrs Bull, thanks :) x

Members signature icon

• MrsBull2B
      CommentAuthorMrsBull2B
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

This whole wedding malarky is stressful enough haha neither of us are sun worshippers and beach lovers, thats why we are thinking cuba, plenty of sun, but also plenty to do, and i love crete, mainly because of the history, and its easy to get to santorini x

Members signature icon
    Met 5th Sept 2005
    Got together 10th May 2011
    Got Engaged 14th Feb 2012
    Getting Married 13th June 2015
    • barbie86
      CommentAuthorbarbie86
      Is poweruserJust marriedBadgeBadge

We're gong to Mexico for 17 nights: 10 nights in a penthouse suite with roof-top jacuzzi, and 7 nights in a swim-out suite at a different hotel, both 5* adult-only all inclusives. The accommodation, flights from London, and private transfers for each leg, is costing £3900 for the two of us, and then we'll probably bring around £1200-1500 spending money. We picked Mexico as we've been 3 times, love it, and want a relaxing break: with Mexico we've seen most things so will happily just chill, whereas if we went somewhere new we'd want to be out and about exploring.

If you want to do something a bit different, maybe look at (if you haven't already done them):

Cuba: Havana is awesome, it's like another world. Loads to see and do, and you could do a multi-centre staying in different places (the Pinar del Rio province is beautiful)

Egypt: sounds boring but again you could do a spit centre, and combine a Nile Cruise (one of the best trips I've been on) with a beach stay

Costa Rica: amazing scenery and wildlife, and I've seen lots of deals for within your budget

Alternatively, check out the Trav3l Coll3ction and Ku0ni; both do some pretty amazing multi-centre holidays all over the world and prices start within your budget. India might also be worth a look, likewise South East Asia (Thailand/Vietnam/Cambodia/Laos) and Sri Lanka.
    • ShannonK05
      CommentAuthorShannonK05

Wow Barbie your honeymoon sounds phenomenal!! I have to say, I am extremely jealous of that!! You seem to know exactly what we're looking for. At the exact time that I read your post, h2b was looking up multi-centre holidays in Sri Lanka! Thanks for all the tips! x

Members signature icon

• barbie86
      CommentAuthorbarbie86

No worries ;-) I don't think you'll have any issues finding something TBH; I've seen deals for under £1500 pp (though that doesn't include spending money; but for a lot of those places you'll need barely anything; I spent just £200 on food and drink when I was in Cuba) to most of those places. I'd just advise you to be flexible on your dates of travel if at all possible, and look at pricing things up yourself (that almost always works out cheaper with places like Thailand, for eg; for more structured trips you're better going with a tour operator though).
    • InDreamland
      CommentAuthorInDreamland

We did Hawaii, 3 islands but cost us a lot £6k plus spending money, in total it set us back around £9k.

Have you been to Borneo? Hubby and I went there a few years ago, travelled around so some accommodation was very basic but worth it for the experience of what you see! We did stay in a couple of 5* luxury hotels too though. Can I suggest you look at Tr@v3lb@g @51@. They can put together a bespoke package for you based on your chosen budget.

Members signature icon
    Married the love of my life on Saturday 11th May 2013 xxx
    Had our dream perfect honeymoon in Hawaii!

• clair
      CommentAuthorclair

We are wanting to go to Florida for our honeymoon. There is no way we can afford it on our own. So we are asking for money towards our honeymoon for wedding our presents. Maby u could ask your guests for money/ holiday voutchers to go towards your honeymoon?. Lots of brids do it, it may be worth a thought. X

Members signature icon
    Started going out with my Gorgeous man 7/11/2010
    Got engaged on the 21/9/2013
    became mrs Thornton on the 2/8/2015
    our wedding day was the best day ever :)!
    • InDreamland
      CommentAuthorInDreamland

Some travel companies do have a wedding gift service so your guests can contribute to your honeymoon by paying towards it directly to the travel company. We were offered this service when we booked our honeymoon. We booked through Tr@1lf1nd3r5.

Members signature icon

• MrsLowe
      CommentAuthorMrsLowe
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

We went to Florida for two weeks and did the whole Disney thing while we were there and stayed in are own villa with our own swimming pool etc all in all (park tickets included) it was £3000 just under! We then ask for our wedding present off guests for a donation towards the spending money. We took 2k with us but came back with about 500 ish :) xx
    • MrsLowe
      CommentAuthorMrsLowe
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

That's £3000 for the two btw :) x
    • Linzi-jo
      CommentAuthorLinzi-jo

We are going to Dominican Republic for 2 weeks all inclusive in a 5* resort for £2400 all in. Thailand is supposed to be amazing though! Xxx

Members signature icon
    Got together 14.02.2008
    Got engaged 31.12.2010
    Will become a Mrs on 30.08.2014 xxxxxx
    • TracyP89
      CommentAuthorTracyP89
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

I can recommend Thailand , we went last year for 3 weeks and toured all over , stayed in some amazing hotels , we loved it that much were getting blessed there 3 weeks before our wedding, the holiday cost us 3k for us both and I took 1k spending money but it was difficult to spend and I came home with £400 .the price included 4 internal flights and 5 different hotels numerous taxis and a ferry so I'm sure if your just looking too stay in one hotel and chill you will find it within your budget xxxx
    • Mrs C to be!
      CommentAuthorMrs C to be!
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hi, we decided on Italy, flying out next Monday, we have one week in sorrento and one week in taomina sicily. Flying from gat wick. Bed and breakfast basis two small boutique 4* hotels. Top rated on trip adviser. It's cost us £4000. We plan to take as much money as we get in our honeymoon fund. This is what we have asked our guests to contribute too. Can't wait.
    • InDreamland
      CommentAuthorInDreamland

I luurrrvvveee Sorrento! Great base for Pompeii, Amalfi and Positano. My sister and I had the most amazing break when we went and the food is just divine!

Members signature icon

• AlisonM36
      CommentAuthorAlisonM36
      BadgeBadge

We're flying to Venice and spending a couple of nights there and then embarking on an msc cruise around the med :-) cost about £800 each for the cruise all inclusive and they gave us the stay in Venice for free as it's our honeymoon :-)
    • InDreamland
      CommentAuthorInDreamland

Wow that is amazing Alison!
    I've told the hotel in Amsterdam that it's our 1st anniversary whilst we're there (asked them to book us a nice restaurant so told them what the special occasion is) so I'm hoping they might treat us to something nice in the room or upgrade us or something.

Many companies will pull out all the stops because you're on honeymoon, we got upgraded on the flight out, got a room upgrade at one of the hotels, plus got a lot of free bubbly and even desserts.

Members signature icon

• *KelBel*
      CommentAuthor*KelBel*

We're going to jamaica for a week at the hilton resort which has cost us £600 each all inclusive... However I did get just over £1000 off with discount from work as I'm a travel agent ...
    There's plenty about for your budget tho, most Caribbean for two weeks can be done for that ... And definitely all of Europe x

Members signature icon
    Velcro...my wedding day twinny! The Two Kel's!
    Got engaged 14/10/12 in Central Park NYC!
    Became Mrs Macdonald 13th September 2014
    Mummy to 4 girlies and baby blue boy Due 10/05/2016
    • Sonya
      CommentAuthorSonya

We're off to koh samui in Thailand where we got engaged. Our budget had been about 2.5k but have spent just over 3k but have our own private pool villa with nightly canapés and cocktails by our pool. It's so cheap once there so won't need too much

I'm surprised you can't get Kenya for your 3k, I went a few years back for less than that

Members signature icon
    Became Mrs Mulholland on September 12th 2014!!!

• Mrschapman2b.
      CommentAuthorMrschapman2b.

Because I am so limited on days off from work we are actually having two honeymoons.

First one is a mini moon to Paris - I have always wanted to do the Eurostar from London so we marry on the Saturday and will go on the Monday or Tuesday, just waiting for tickets to be released. Including accommodation at a guess this will be about 500pounds for the both of us of course plus spends. But we like to go to the real city that we visit so will do it quite cheaply by having food off the beaten tourist path?

Second honeymoon.. We are looking at somewhere like the Dominican and hopefully won't spend more than 1700 combined. I love luxury but I don't think I could justify spending much more than that tbh. Will be using any money we get for wedding towards this.

Me and oh got engaged in Cayo coco in cuba and it was the most incredible holiday ever, only thing that would put me off wanting to return is the mosquito bites we got were awful :-( so deffinate take some good anti Mosquitos stuff
    • **MrsFarrelly2B**
      CommentAuthor**MrsFarrelly2B**

All your honeymoons sound amazing! It's so exciting :-)
    We're going to Vegas for 5 nights then Riviera Maya for 10 nights on AI basis , flying with BA is cost £2400 for the north of us. : a whopping £1300 cheaper than branston`s planes!
    I've been to Mexico but h2b hasn't and we wanted beach with opportunity to do stuff too. Our wedding gift list is a registry of activities etc that we'd like for our honeymoon like extra leg room or private transfers so guests go on the site and either buy something outright or pay towards something of its more expensive.
    So involved in wedding I keep forgetting we're off to las Vegas! X

Members signature icon
    Met as Bingo Managers in Kent
    Engaged 30th July 2013
    Will be married 31st Aug 2014
    Honeymooning in Las Vegas & Mexico come Oct 2014 :-)
    • almost a year wife!!
      CommentAuthoralmost a year wife!!

We're going to Scotland... A log cabin in a private Forrest and hot tub, it's costing a fair bit and we could have gone abroad for the price but my passport is expired and I want it in my married name so we decided to stay uk... We're paying £600 x

Members signature icon
    Ill marry my hero

• Sonya
      CommentAuthorSonya

My passport has expired too but gonna get my new passport in my married name before we go

Members signature icon

• **MrsFarrelly2B**
      CommentAuthor**MrsFarrelly2B**

I too have booked in my married name, but honeymoon is 2 months after the wedding so I should have time to get it changed - i think you can do nit before hand if the vicar signs something?
    x

Members signature icon
    Met as Bingo Managers in Kent
    Engaged 30th July 2013
    Will be married 31st Aug 2014
    Honeymooning in Las Vegas & Mexico come Oct 2014 :-)
    • ElizabethF49
      CommentAuthorElizabethF49

Missweedles were abouts in Scotland are you going?

I'd love to go to st Lucia but not sure if we can afford it. Either there or Mauritius

Members signature icon
    After 7 years and 11 months he proposed to me 18.10.13
    Our son is 5 years old and our world
    Getting married 15.08.15.
    Life hasnt been easy but we have each other :)
    • LauraK7
      CommentAuthorLauraK7
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

We are going to go away the year after our wedding on a big blow out family holiday not sure where yet though lol
    But we will be heading off to lego land with the kids the Monday after our wedding for 3 nights
    • MrsH
      CommentAuthorMrsH
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

We went to Cuba, 7 nights all inclusive 5* adults only resort in Holguin. We did Royal Service which was just incredible, it was a lovely relaxing holiday after such a busy week beforehand! It cost us around £3000 but was worth every penny!
    • Sonya
      CommentAuthorSonya

Yeah you can get it upto 3 months before, the registrar has filled in a form

Members signature icon

• clairenina
      CommentAuthorclairenina
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

No idea what we are spending yet, as we are hoping to receive gift money to help towards it. Hoping to go somewhere long haul & all inclusive though
    • *The NewMrsMalin*
      CommentAuthor*The NewMrsMalin*

Probably around the £1500 mark :) How about a cruise? That way you can go to a few different countries? :)

Members signature icon
    Met in 2009
    Got together on12th May 2011, proposed on the 12th May 2013
    When you get knocked down; smile and pick yourself up again!
    Fight for what you believe in!
    • Becky1608
      CommentAuthorBecky1608

We've been checking on the ku0ni website under the offers section. You can filter by date and there seem to be some pretty good offers. We don't really want to spend anymore than about 3-4k in total xxx

Members signature icon
    29/09/2008 - The Day we met
    12/11/2008 - When we decided to be more than friends
    04/11/2012 - A proposal in Central Park NYC
    08/11/2014 - The day we say I do!
    • MrsCross2be
      CommentAuthorMrsCross2be
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

We are doing Dominican Republic with the upgraded room, private transfer and upgraded flights its about 4k.

Shannon if you go to Thailand you could split your time with an island and Bangkok - The Shangri La is gorgeous.

MrsChapman2b- on your way to Paris make a stop at St Pancras Champagne Bar- it is lush!
    • MrsThomson2B
      CommentAuthorMrsThomson2B

we were budgeting £3k total but my in laws are now paying fir our honeymoon as our wedding gift. we will be going to the far east probably vietnam but we were managing a fairly luxurious honeymoon for the money we had budgeted xx
    • MiriamF1
      CommentAuthorMiriamF1
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

we really want to go to Thailand but have to wait till 2015 to give us time to save up again after the wedding. So going on mini moon in Cornwall from mon-fri after the wedding, have rented a cottage in the middle of nowhere just us two and the dog :)
    • Showgirl
      CommentAuthorShowgirl
      BadgeBadge

We were going to go to the Galapagos Islands but at over £6000 for a week we decided it was too expensive. Instead we're going on a Western Caribbean cruise - the cruise and flights are about £1600 for both of us.
    • AprilS61
      CommentAuthorAprilS61

We haven't really spoke much about honeymoon yet, just know we want to go somewhere like Dom Rep, Caribbean area. Hoping to spend around 2k but I think that may be a bit optimistic :/ we're not worrying about it yet though as we're asking for money towards it.

Members signature icon
    Mr & Mrs Swan 04/04/15

UKbride's £25,000 Wedding Competition Prize Partners

Enter Now