Wedding Forum - Bridal suite...

Not signed in (Sign In)

UKbride Supermarket

* Discount available to Power Users only. Terms and conditions apply. more

• TheFutureMrsK
      CommentAuthorTheFutureMrsK
      Is poweruserJust marriedBadgeBadge
      edited

Our plan is for my h2b to stay at his parents the night before the wedding then get ready at the venue with his mum, dad and brother who is best man. We agreed he would get ready in one of their rooms then we would go into the bridal suite as a husband and wife and I believe we should be the first people to see the bridal suite. I was reading the documents the other day and it says that check in for everyone is 3pm but the ceremony is 2.30pm. It says they might make exceptions but I'm worried the only exception they will make is the bridal suite for the groom. I said that and FMIL casually said "we'll all just get ready there then". My h2b said this isn't a big deal but I think it is. Am I being petty?

CATEGORY CHANGED BY MODERATORS TO REFLECT THE CONTENT OF THE POST BETTER.
    THANKS
    MODS

“Love, n. A temporary insanity curable by marriage.”
    -Ambrose Bierce

• almost a year wife!!
      CommentAuthoralmost a year wife!!
      Ticker backgroundIs poweruserJust marriedBadgeBadgeTicker foreground

It's just a room chick... Don't sweat it x

Members signature icon
    Ill marry my hero

• Linzi-jo
      CommentAuthorLinzi-jo

I can't say this is something I would get worked up over but if it really bothers you why don't you just call them and ask for him to be let into one of the other rooms earlier instead? Xx

Members signature icon
    Got together 14.02.2008
    Got engaged 31.12.2010
    Will become a Mrs on 30.08.2014 xxxxxx
    • CommentAuthorMrsRobson2Be
      BadgeBadge

If you really want them getting ready in another room then you will have to book the room for the night before also.
    • Whovianbride
      CommentAuthorWhovianbride

Don't worry, how big is the venue? talk to them about it, my wedding is a 2 with check in a 3, but they said they will allow people to check in assoon as possible, which hopfuly most should be empty as my wedding is on a tuesday, so not a massive need of rooms on a monday hopfully, but then it is the first week of the summer holidays

Members signature icon
    Met June 2009 on my Birthday,Met again July 2009 and got
    together, May 2010 Moved in,Jan 2011 got pregnant,
    August 2011 Got our own place, 2011 Had our Baby Girl,
    Dec 2011 Got engaged, July 2015 Getting married! Yay!
    • JoD96
      CommentAuthorJoD96
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

It is only a room but I can understand where you're coming from, I'm getting ready at the hotel and Im paying for another standard double to get ready in as I want the bridal suite to feel special when we go in as Mr and Mrs not having bits of makeup, hair stuff around

• InDreamland
      CommentAuthorInDreamland

Hmm, I think I'd be funny about it too. Can you ask the venue to book another room for people to get ready in? Hubby stayed in a different room at our venue the night before and got ready there too x

Members signature icon
    Married the love of my life on Saturday 11th May 2013 xxx
    Had our dream perfect honeymoon in Hawaii!

• LauraK7
      CommentAuthorLauraK7
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Our is book in from 2 but the hotel said they will be the first rooms cleaned that day to allow for possible earlier entrance x
    • *KelBel*
      CommentAuthor*KelBel*

The venue are pretty open about weddings and no how important it is, I'm sure they'll let u use some other rooms x

Members signature icon
    Velcro...my wedding day twinny! The Two Kel's!
    Got engaged 14/10/12 in Central Park NYC!
    Became Mrs Macdonald 13th September 2014
    Mummy to 4 girlies and baby blue boy Due 10/05/2016
    • MrsH
      CommentAuthorMrsH
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

I was adamant I didn't want me and BMs getting ready in the Bridal Suite as wanted it to be extra special and not be an absolute tip with all of our stuff everywhere. The venue were incredibly accommodating and made sure my mum's rooms was ready first. I'm sure if you discuss it with your venue they will try and help you in any way they can. And I don't think you're being petty, I think it's nice that you care enough for it to be special for you and H2B on your day x
    • TheFutureMrsK

Thanks everyone :) I'm going to email the venue soon as I have a list of questions we have come up with to ask them (not just on this but other stuff too). Hopefully they can arrange for my H2B's parents room to be ready for early check in instead. Its not that I don't want anyone else seeing or coming into the bridal suite, I just want me and my H2B to be the first people in it but if the bridal suite is the only exception to early check in then thats just how it will have to be. I plan on using the bridal suite for me and the BMs to top up our make up later anyways and also my H2B and the guys will be using it to change into ghillie shirts for the evening xxx

-Ambrose Bierce

• almost a year wife!!
      CommentAuthoralmost a year wife!!

If you plan on using it for the girls and groomsmen then you and hubby would never have been first ones in it... Why have one rule for that and another for others....

Members signature icon
    Ill marry my hero

• TheFutureMrsK
      edited

Me and my h2b would check in after the ceremony so we would be first ones in it then girls and groomsmen wont use it until the evening. In reality the groomsmen and best man will have their own rooms and so will the bridesmaids but girls doing make up together is different from men getting changed together I suppose lol

-Ambrose Bierce

UKbride's £25,000 Wedding Competition Prize Partners

Enter Now