Not signed in (Sign In)

UKbride Supermarket

* Discount available to Power Users only. Terms and conditions apply. more

• LauraR35
      CommentAuthorLauraR35
      Just marriedBadgeBadge
      edited

Hi all

My names Laura. I have recently joined ukbride. My h2b proposed on 10/4/14 and we are currently looking at venues etc. we are hoping to get married in 2015 somewhen.

Laura x

THE CATEGORY TO THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CHANGED TO REFLECT THE CONTENT OF THE POST. PLEASE ENSURE YOU SELECT THE CORRECT CATEGORY BEFORE POSTING.
    THANKS
    MODERATORS
    • *Jen*
      CommentAuthor*Jen*
      Ticker backgroundIs poweruserJust marriedBadgeBadgeTicker foreground

congratulations and welcome :D xxx

Members signature icon
    we met feb 2009
    engaged may 2013
    i will marry my soul mate 22/11/14
    • Little Kettle
      CommentAuthorLittle Kettle

Hi LauraR35

to the uk's number one wedding forum that is

Now that you have found your way here you will get all the help you need in planning your special day and make loads of new friends with the lovely ladies that make this site so special so enjoy every min of it!

Ok now for my modly bit.....

FIRSTLY can I ask you all to read the forum rule thread that is at the top of the forum page as it not only lets you know all our do's and don'ts within the forum it also explains all you need to know with regards to our heart and points system as well as a few other need to know bits.

SECONDLY if you haven't a clue where to start please read a thread called "a brides checklist" this has an amazing list of exactly what to do and when, when your planning your wedding and is a BRILLIANT help!
    To find this thread go to the search above and type in the thread name as above and the thread will pop up for you :-)

THIRDLY when writing a thread please remember to use the search above first because most questions have been asked so there are many threads available that have some brilliant tips and advice in them that would be a shame to waste simply because you missed them.

FOURTHLY, to get the full benefit of the site you need to unrestrict them so the ladies can add you as friends and so they can put links on the wall if you’re trying to find something as they are not allowed in the forum.
    To un-restrict your page all you need to do is go to your wedding page by clicking the wedding button above. Then under your wedding countdown clock there is an edit button. Click that and it will take you to a page where all your details are, at the bottom is profile settings so just click that to public and your all set to go! :-)

And lastly JUST ENJOY BEING A MEMBER OF UKB AND PLANNING YOUR WEDDING DAY!

If you need anything just pm me or any of the mods we are usually here!

Feel free to add us to your friends list

Mods are ....
    Hails
    Lala mod bunny
    VintageChic
    Little Kettle
    Officially Mrs Mann

Members signature icon
    Vegas baby!

• InDreamland
      CommentAuthorInDreamland

to

Members signature icon
    Married the love of my life on Saturday 11th May 2013 xxx
    Had our dream perfect honeymoon in Hawaii!

• RachaelF7
      CommentAuthorRachaelF7

Hey Laura!

Massive Congrats and Welcome :)

Have you had any ideas what kind of wedding you're going for? I spent months looking for the perfect venue and just coudnt find anything that ticked all the boxes. I didn't get dishearted though and it's been booked up now for 12 months. We're getting married in 2015 too... 370 days to go :)

Hope the planning goes well :) xx

Met on POF Feb 2012
    First Date March 2012
    Propsed January 2013
    Wedding April 2015.....
    • CalCarm
      CommentAuthorCalCarm

Hello :)
    • LauraR35
      CommentAuthorLauraR35
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

We will be having a civil ceremony, possibly in a local hotel. We have chosen the colours red and white. And I have chosen my bridesmaids. We are seeing the hotel next week, can't wait xx
    • Elinor Claire
      CommentAuthorElinor Claire

Congratulations and welcome to the UKBride family. Setting the date and booking the venue is such an exciting moment.

Members signature icon
    30th August 2014 was the best birthday ever.
    It was the day that I became Mrs. Dixon.

• AH86
      CommentAuthorAH86
      Ticker backgroundTicker foreground

Aww congratulations! We get married on the 10th April 2015 so on your engagement anniversary

Members signature icon
    Friday 10th April 2015
    Marrying my best friend
    Not long now :D
    • clair
      CommentAuthorclair

Welcome! I have found this site soooooo useful . We are getting married 2/8/2015.
    Can u suggest that u get your venu booked ASAP. As a lot of veus at getting booked up for 2015. I don't want u to miss out on getting married next year. Xx

Members signature icon
    Started going out with my Gorgeous man 7/11/2010
    Got engaged on the 21/9/2013
    became mrs Thornton on the 2/8/2015
    our wedding day was the best day ever :)!
    • Nicky2988
      CommentAuthorNicky2988
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Welcome and congratulations! This site is fab, enjoy! X
    • LauraK7
      CommentAuthorLauraK7
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Welcome and congratulations
    Xxx
    • ErinV
      CommentAuthorErinV
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Welcome and congrats, I'm a newbie too!

It is so exciting looking at all the different types of venues. Me and my h2b looked a whole range of venue types in two areas looking for the right place and we only just found it last weekend - it was the last place we had to look at and are so glad we didn't rush into choosing a place. It was the only place we both felt that flutter in our tummies.
    But Clair is right - make finding the venue ur top priority at the mo, as things do book up a year in advance. One venue I contacted was fully booked to Sept 2015!

Congrats again xx
    • LauraR35
      CommentAuthorLauraR35
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Thank you:) we do have a fave venue so can't wait to go and see it xx
    • Becky1608
      CommentAuthorBecky1608

Welcome and congratulations!! Xxx

Members signature icon
    29/09/2008 - The Day we met
    12/11/2008 - When we decided to be more than friends
    04/11/2012 - A proposal in Central Park NYC
    08/11/2014 - The day we say I do!
    • ZoeW421
      CommentAuthorZoeW421

Hiya I'm a new to this also;-) it looks a really good site but I don't know where to start yet;-)
    My hubby to be proposed to me whilst in Australia for my brothers wedding, after a lovely mini cruise round Sydney harbour he got down on one knee outside Sydney opera house on 4/3/14. So excited to plan our wedding, we have always wanted a beach wedding and looking at Cyprus or Greece at the moment, for August 2016, not quite sure how to plan a wedding abroad as yet, lots of research to do and I'd appreciate any suggestions of anyone who is somewhat further on into planning there lovely wedding;-)

Zoe.x

UKbride's £25,000 Wedding Competition Prize Partners

Enter Now