FREE Wedding Table Planner

+ FREE Wedding Budget Planner and more wedding planning tools

Join now free to use

Wedding Forum - New to the forum - looking for some friends...

Not signed in (Sign In)

UKbride Supermarket

* Discount available to Power Users only. Terms and conditions apply. more

• DanielleMystic
      CommentAuthorDanielleMystic
      Ticker backgroundIs poweruserBadgeBadgeTicker foreground

Hey everyone. I'm kinda new to being a member of UKbride, only signed up yesterday though I've visited the forum and facebook page loads before now. Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself and hopefully make some friends on here.
    I am 24 years old, had some really rough experiences in my life and am finally getting past them and making somegood memories (they're starting to outweigh the bad) My fiance is my knight in shining armor, my soulmate, the man I dreamed of meeting as a teen - all sounds corny I know but it's true. I believe there really is a someone out there for everyone - a someone that you can spend the rest of your life with, and it saddens me that some people will never meet them.
    Anyway we've been together just over two years now, engaged for a good part of it too and have a gorgeous little girl that turned 1 on valentines day. :) and I think that's about it lol

Members signature icon
    *What hasn't killed me has made me stronger!*
    *Saved by her knight this Queen won't let them win!*
    Am blessed to be loved by you and your father
    • MrsBull2B
      CommentAuthorMrsBull2B
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Welcome :) Im fairly new aswell :) add me as a friend if you like. Have you set a date yet? Done any planning? x

Members signature icon
    Met 5th Sept 2005
    Got together 10th May 2011
    Got Engaged 14th Feb 2012
    Getting Married 13th June 2015
    • almost a year wife!!
      CommentAuthoralmost a year wife!!
      Ticker backgroundIs poweruserJust marriedBadgeBadgeTicker foreground

Hi chick! Welcome!

I'm nearing the end of my ukb journey after 2.5 yrs and its been aaaaamazing! The girls (and some boys) on here are fab! Really helpful and lots if great advice!

Have you got a date? Xxx

Members signature icon
    Ill marry my hero

• DanielleMystic

hey ladies :)
    loosely got a date of April 2018. theres a few reasons for this - I would like all the kiddies to be old enough to be involved and sort of remember the day and the other reason is that his ex is refusing to sign the divorce :( so it's looking like we've gotta wait the full four years before he can go it without her. But we've started planning bits already and he's actually really excited about it :) he said the first time it was just a piece of paper and he was forced into it but this time he really wants it and is really getting involved xx

Members signature icon
    • MrsBull2B
      CommentAuthorMrsBull2B
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

it will fly over, I got engaged 2 years ago, and it has flown, we get married next year, hopefully everything with the divorce goes through smoothly for you x

Members signature icon
    Met 5th Sept 2005
    Got together 10th May 2011
    Got Engaged 14th Feb 2012
    Getting Married 13th June 2015
    • Little Kettle
      CommentAuthorLittle Kettle

Hi DanielleMystic

to the uk's number one wedding forum that is

Now that you have found your way here you will get all the help you need in planning your special day and make loads of new friends with the lovely ladies that make this site so special so enjoy every min of it!

Ok now for my modly bit.....

FIRSTLY can I ask you all to read the forum rule thread that is at the top of the forum page as it not only lets you know all our do's and don'ts within the forum it also explains all you need to know with regards to our heart and points system as well as a few other need to know bits.

SECONDLY if you haven't a clue where to start please read a thread called "a brides checklist" this has an amazing list of exactly what to do and when, when your planning your wedding and is a BRILLIANT help!
    To find this thread go to the search above and type in the thread name as above and the thread will pop up for you :-)

THIRDLY when writing a thread please remember to use the search above first because most questions have been asked so there are many threads available that have some brilliant tips and advice in them that would be a shame to waste simply because you missed them.

FOURTHLY, to get the full benefit of the site you need to unrestrict them so the ladies can add you as friends and so they can put links on the wall if you’re trying to find something as they are not allowed in the forum.
    To un-restrict your page all you need to do is go to your wedding page by clicking the wedding button above. Then under your wedding countdown clock there is an edit button. Click that and it will take you to a page where all your details are, at the bottom is profile settings so just click that to public and your all set to go! :-)

And lastly JUST ENJOY BEING A MEMBER OF UKB AND PLANNING YOUR WEDDING DAY!

If you need anything just pm me or any of the mods we are usually here!

Feel free to add us to your friends list

Mods are ....
    Hails
    Lala mod bunny
    VintageChic
    Little Kettle
    Officially Mrs Mann

Members signature icon
    Vegas baby!

• DanielleMystic

thanks Little Kettle. I made sure I had a good read through the rules and worked out what category to start this thread in :) I've used lots of forums before so am well practised at checking discussions already running before starting an identical one.
    I think I have unrestricted my wall already, and have had some lovely friend requests already :)
    I'm very excited to get planning and see what help and advice I can find on here xx

Members signature icon
    • InDreamland
      CommentAuthorInDreamland

to

Members signature icon
    Married the love of my life on Saturday 11th May 2013 xxx
    Had our dream perfect honeymoon in Hawaii!

• Dilkara
      CommentAuthorDilkara
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hello, i'm new too so thought i'd say hi. :)
    • DanielleMystic

hello :)

Members signature icon
    • Elinor Claire
      CommentAuthorElinor Claire

Hello and welcome to the UKBride family. Looking forward to sharing the journey with you. Does it really have to be four years? One of my colleagues is separated from her ex and I'm sure she said she could get a divorce on the grounds of separation after two years. It would be lovely for your beautiful little girl to be able to remember it though, and I'm sure she'd love to be a little bridesmaid or flower girl.

Members signature icon
    30th August 2014 was the best birthday ever.
    It was the day that I became Mrs. Dixon.

• DanielleMystic

Elinor if she had left him then yes its two years, but he had to leave her and moved back in with his mum so it's four years - might even be five :( need to check xx

Members signature icon
    • Mrs W..2B..X
      CommentAuthorMrs W..2B..X
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hello i'm new too, i got engaged on Christmas eve, been together nearly 5 years now and getting married September 15. Absolutely love this page and all of the tips and cant wait to hopefully make some new friends while planning. Wishing everyone luckk with their wedding planning. =]
    • *The NewMrsMalin*
      CommentAuthor*The NewMrsMalin*

Welcome to the forum :)

Members signature icon
    Met in 2009
    Got together on12th May 2011, proposed on the 12th May 2013
    When you get knocked down; smile and pick yourself up again!
    Fight for what you believe in!
    • LauraK7
      CommentAuthorLauraK7
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Welcome to the forum x
    • VickiD69
      CommentAuthorVickiD69
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hello i'm new too and welcome to the forum! I am getting married June 2015 after being together 7 years, were getting married on our 8 year anniversary. We met in school when 14 and hes just my soul mate, can't wait to share our love with everyone and enjoy the rest of our lives together :) x
    • MrsM
      CommentAuthorMrsM
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Ooo add me if ya like!!! Think I joined around 2 weeks ago but kind of let my page go unloved as trying to save up to move out at the moment!

I'm hopefully getting married in June 2016 to my h2b who has been my beau for 3 years! We met whilst I was fairly drink and I poured alcohol in his eye.... He's still stuck by me though!

Thanks ladies! Xxx
    • RebeccaH100
      CommentAuthorRebeccaH100
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Helloooo everyone! :) Welcome!

WIN A WEDDING WINNER 2014....Rebecca and Ryan
    'Hear my soul speak: The very instant that I saw you,
    did my heart fly to your service.'
    Met 03/2013: Engaged 12/2013: Married 06/2015
    • RobynC71
      CommentAuthorRobynC71
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hi Danielle :)

Your story sounds similar to mine, I am also 23 and me and my partner have been through a lot but finally starting to come out the other side! We have finally gotten engaged after 5 years together, we don't have a lot of money but are planning to get married in the next 18-24 months. I would love to make some new friends on here :)
    • Nelinde
      CommentAuthorNelinde

Welcome and congratulations!
    You'll have plenty of time to make new memories of the craziness that is organising a wedding lol :D

Members signature icon
    Getting ready to marry my soul mate! :-D

• SaraL16
      CommentAuthorSaraL16

Hi I have just joined!!! :)
    • TraceyR19
      CommentAuthorTraceyR19
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hi, I am slightly new to this. I have been on a couple of times but never introduced myself. I am 29 years old and have 4 children between me and my partner , 3 are my own and 1 is my partners. I would love to make new friends . My h2b and i have been together for 3 years. We have been engaged for the last 2 years but due to me being married before which turned out really bad, we cant set a date as family members dont agree with me being divorced and getting married again. I am trying to save up but family keep saying they wont be there like they werent there for my first, and its causing me alot of problems between me and my partner setting a date. We were planning to get married this year in June.
    • JadeE26
      CommentAuthorJadeE26
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Hello lovely xx Ive been on here for years but my laptop broke so havent been able to get on for a while . I am 24 and have two little girls who are 2 and 4, they will be my flowergirls when I get married on 18 June 2014 and I cannot wait. If any of you want to add me Id love to have more people to chat to about day to day life and the wedding although not much time left before the wedding haha xx

UKbride's £25,000 Wedding Competition Prize Partners

Enter Now