FREE Wedding Table Planner

+ FREE Wedding Budget Planner and more wedding planning tools

Join now free to use

Wedding Forum - Does anyone else feel this way?...

Not signed in (Sign In)

UKbride Supermarket

* Discount available to Power Users only. Terms and conditions apply. more

• Linzi-jo
      CommentAuthorLinzi-jo
      Ticker backgroundIs poweruserJust marriedBadgeBadgeTicker foreground

Hi ladies, I have very very low self esteem and lately I have been really worrying about my wedding day! I feel like I am going to look fat and frumpy in my dress and my h2b wont like it, like my hair and make-up will look awful and just like I will look ugly in general! It is the day that every woman is supposed to feel beautiful but I just don't, and I'm dreading people looking at me and thinking 'she looks awful'. Does anyone else feel like this or is it just me? xxxx

Members signature icon
    Got together 14.02.2008
    Got engaged 31.12.2010
    Will become a Mrs on 30.08.2014 xxxxxx
    • AmandaK74
      CommentAuthorAmandaK74

I think most women have insecurities about self image, especially on our big day. I have similar ones to you myself but I try not to let this take over and think of how much my fiance loves me, he has seen me at my worst on numerous occasions haha but he hasn't run off yet.
    Im sure you will look your best, I know its easy to say but do try stay positive and most of all enjoy the experience after all it is your wedding day, one of the most exciting days ever. Keep your chin up and if you ever need to talk about anythink add me as a friend and we can worry together

met 11th December 2010
    engaged 2nd August 2013
    getting married to the love of my life 11th july 2015
    • ShannonK05
      CommentAuthorShannonK05

Every woman has times like these and we all have insecurities! Your wedding day is the one day in your life where everyone is watching you and you want to look your best. It's normal to worry about this and feel like you won't be good enough but as Amanda said, your fiance loves you just the way you are. I'm sure you will look absolutely beautiful and on your wedding day when you feel like a queen, you'll wonder why you were worrying so much :) xxx

Members signature icon

• casbride87
      CommentAuthorcasbride87

I agree with the other ladies on this, just remember the most important thing on your wedding day is You and your H2B. When you are dressed up and ready to go you will forget all your worries and look forward to the most important thing of the day, the love that you share for each other. You will be fine and im sure you will look beautiful x

• InDreamland
      CommentAuthorInDreamland

I had some wobbles like that in the run up to our wedding, I think it's natural.

I am confident though that you will look stunning and perfect on the day and because you'll be so happy you'll also have that bridal glow that no amount of makeup can produce xxx

Members signature icon
    Married the love of my life on Saturday 11th May 2013 xxx
    Had our dream perfect honeymoon in Hawaii!

• Linzi-jo
      CommentAuthorLinzi-jo

Thanks ladies! It's the only thing to do with the wedding that I am worried about! Lol xxx

Members signature icon
    Got together 14.02.2008
    Got engaged 31.12.2010
    • Elinor Claire
      CommentAuthorElinor Claire

I can relate to that, I don't normally care what I look like. Now I am obsessed about acne, toning and split ends in my hair.

Members signature icon
    30th August 2014 was the best birthday ever.
    It was the day that I became Mrs. Dixon.

• LauraJo87
      CommentAuthorLauraJo87

Very relatable!

There is so much pressure on brides to look absolutely perfect. I had a bit of a bridezilla moment on the morning of the wedding, I was absolutely paranoid that my dress wouldn't fit (despite trying it on two days earlier and it fitting fine) so insisted on putting it on at 6am in the morning....

I promise, once you set off down the aisle you won't give a damn what you look like as the emotion just takes over...and neither will your husband.

Don't know why I was worried, really....my now husband has seen me the worse for wear after drunken nights out (in my younger days, I hasten to add!) with sick all down my top, makeup everywhere and jeans off, revealing a luxuriant 'winter coat' of unshared leg hair...and he still loves me...and told me I looked beautiful on the wedding day.

My Beating Heart Belongs To You
    30 August 2013

The First Day Of My Happily Ever After
    • Whovianbride
      CommentAuthorWhovianbride

I'm having big issues trying to lose weight, my main issues is when I'm heavier, my face is fatter, I just want to lose enough to lose that, and want my teeth whitened as I have issues with thos too.

Members signature icon
    Met June 2009 on my Birthday,Met again July 2009 and got
    together, May 2010 Moved in,Jan 2011 got pregnant,
    August 2011 Got our own place, 2011 Had our Baby Girl,
    Dec 2011 Got engaged, July 2015 Getting married! Yay!
    • CommentAuthorMrsManiatt
      BadgeBadge

Im worried about the top of my arms being flabby. The rest of me doesnt seem to be worrying me, but the arms!! Its natural, dont get too worried by it, you will look stunning :) xxx
    • Linzi-jo
      CommentAuthorLinzi-jo

Nice to know I'm not on my own! I used to be a dancer so it was all about what you looked like but then I got a bad knee injury and had to stop and have since put on a stone and half and am no longer toned anywhere so that really bothers me but there isn't a lot that I can do about it at the moment. I think my problem is that I feel like I am at my worse now which isn't a good way to be when there is only 4 and a half months until the wedding! Xxx

Members signature icon
    Got together 14.02.2008
    Got engaged 31.12.2010
    • *The NewMrsMalin*
      CommentAuthor*The NewMrsMalin*

I think everyone has their insecurities about their weight and general body image but I'm sure you will looking amazing :)

Members signature icon
    Met in 2009
    Got together on12th May 2011, proposed on the 12th May 2013
    When you get knocked down; smile and pick yourself up again!
    Fight for what you believe in!
    • CharlotteE98
      CommentAuthorCharlotteE98
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

I can also relate to this. I wouldn't even know where to start with all my insecurities! The problem I have is that I live in jeans and hoodies and 'don't do' dresses, so being the centre of attention in a pretty dress on my wedding day is going to be interesting :o)

Try not to worry too much. You're going to look amazing on your wedding day and you will make your H2B proud!
    • JoJ67
      CommentAuthorJoJ67
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Normal here too. I have a large burn scar on my back now from accidently burnin in the sun on monday. It was so burned it went all crocodile like. Ive been puttin my steroid cream on it and it has helped a lot but it looks pretty bad. My make up artist now has to apply body make up to try to cover it for the photos! :,(

A string of bad luck before my wedding!

Im sure that no matter what happens to any of us...our OH's love us and its them we are marrying and they must love us or they wudnt be bothering. Just have to remember that!

Im sure u will look and feel confidently beautiful when ur atanding in front of ur OH on your wedding day xx
    • RebeccaH100
      CommentAuthorRebeccaH100
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

Oh believe me...I'm so there with you. My sister happens to be naturally quite thin whereas I'm much more pear shaped. I keep thinking about how stunning she looked at her wedding and how stunning she will look as a bridesmaid and worrying that people will think..'tut tut...must be hard to be her sister'. or 'well..she tried'

BUT

we talk all about how weddings are a day to celebrate love...and I'm going to do my damn best to remember to celebrate my love for myself leading up to the wedding day. Yes, our H2B love us for who we are but let's also remember that we love ourselves..that we are smart, beautiful, and kind. That there is a reason why 20, 60, 100 people want to come see you get married. You are worth celebrating.

WIN A WEDDING WINNER 2014....Rebecca and Ryan
    'Hear my soul speak: The very instant that I saw you,
    did my heart fly to your service.'
    Met 03/2013: Engaged 12/2013: Married 06/2015
    • AmandaK74
      CommentAuthorAmandaK74

Good luck joj enjoy your day

met 11th December 2010
    engaged 2nd August 2013
    getting married to the love of my life 11th july 2015

UKbride's £25,000 Wedding Competition Prize Partners