FREE Wedding Table Planner

+ FREE Wedding Budget Planner and more wedding planning tools

Join now free to use

Wedding Forum - When do I start to buy things??...

Not signed in (Sign In)

UKbride Supermarket

* Discount available to Power Users only. Terms and conditions apply. more

• Mrs M Wade
      CommentAuthorMrs M Wade
      Ticker backgroundIs poweruserJust marriedBadgeBadgeTicker foreground

Hi was wondering with my wedding being 2 years away when is the best time to start buying everything? I've got my dress and shoes so far and we've got the reception and church booked x

Members signature icon
    Became Mrs Wade 06/08/2016

• Velcro
      CommentAuthorVelcro

as long as you have the storage and you know you wont change your mind (like ive done a few times lol) then theres no time like the present! :D

Members signature icon

Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey
    *Kelbel* is my wedding twinny!
    • Claire_26
      CommentAuthorClaire_26
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

I had every thing booked and organised in my head for years lol I get married in aug 2015 and I have got dress bought, wedding shoes bought, church booked, venue booked, cars booked, rings ordered, got a singer for church booked. I'm hoping I won't get bored soon and done it all too early
    • Showgirl
      CommentAuthorShowgirl
      BadgeBadge

As long as you're certain about what you want then go ahead and start buying immediately
    • Mrs M Wade
      CommentAuthorMrs M Wade

Thanks ladies :) I've bought my dress and shoes and started to look at cakes at the minute to get a rough idea on price x

Members signature icon
    Became Mrs Wade 06/08/2016

• AprilS61
      CommentAuthorAprilS61

We got engaged in November, booked our wedding in February and started buying from then and were getting married next April. Now it hasn't exactly been a two year wait but I get so excited buying things! Weve got lots of little things like our favours, my jewellery, I've had my dress and invitations two months, and quite a lot of other things too. It all builds up and just means you have less to worry about later. Lots of little things now means you have plenty of time to save for thw more expensive things :)

Members signature icon
    Mr & Mrs Swan 04/04/15

• MrsH
      CommentAuthorMrsH
      Just marriedBadgeBadge

I think it's fine to start buying things now as long as you're sure you wont change your mind! You could get some really good deals due to it being so far in advance. Like the other brides have said though, they changed their mind and so I wouldn't spend too much on things that you might end up ditching!
    • CommentAuthorKjs2016
      BadgeBadge

Hi,
    We were engaged in January this year and have now booked our venue for July 2016. I'm the same as you, not really sure when to start... We have also visited a photographer today who we are likely to book in the next week. I am hoping to make my own invites so starting to look at the items needed in order to do this. With dress and shoes I was thinking perhaps leaving it until this time next year but if I see things I really like now then I will get them. The earlier you start the more you can spread the cost & also you avoid disappointment of not being able to get something you wanted if left too late :-)
    I'm hoping to link up with other brides through the forum to share all the ups and downs of the planning with lol !!
    • Whovianbride
      CommentAuthorWhovianbride

i ordered, my dress and I bought my cake topper like 6 months ago, also bought little bits like inflatable dalek, tiara, shoes. But once it hits 1 year to go you just try and stop me, but im going to be making my invites, 40ish all day ones and about 20/5 evening ones.

Members signature icon
    Met June 2009 on my Birthday,Met again July 2009 and got
    together, May 2010 Moved in,Jan 2011 got pregnant,
    August 2011 Got our own place, 2011 Had our Baby Girl,
    Dec 2011 Got engaged, July 2015 Getting married! Yay!

UKbride's £25,000 Wedding Competition Prize Partners

Enter Now